If You Could Pick 1 Forward, 1dman, 1 Goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inactive

Jul 27, 2002
If you could pick one forward, one dman, one goalie to start you NHL franchise who would it be? Ofcourse the player has to be under the age of 25.

My Choice:
Sidney Crosby
Alexei Semenov (he has a idefnite upside, but this pick might change)
Kari Lethonen

Who would u guys pick?

Vic Rattlehead*

I won't include Crosby because I'll take drafted players.
Nash
Bouwmeester
Lehtonen

Under 27 now?
Thornton
Bouwmeester
Luongo

Last edited by a moderator:

Inactive

Jul 27, 2002
Ok i guess since its my thread, my rules. I will push the maximum age up to 27, however remember that your building a franchise here and by picking a 27 year old you may have only 10 years left with that player, by picking a 17 year old, you may have 20 years left with that player.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
danny said:
Ok i guess since its my thread, my rules. I will push the maximum age up to 27, however remember that your building a franchise here and by picking a 27 year old you may have only 10 years left with that player, by picking a 17 year old, you may have 20 years left with that player.

Under what mythical system will any team manage to hold the same players for 20 years?

If you are changing the age to 27 then I'd take Luongo as my goalie.

Inactive

Jul 27, 2002
Epsilon said:
Under what mythical system will any team manage to hold the same players for 20 years?

good point, not many players will....However Gordie Howe was with the wings for 25 years, Delviccio (spelling) must have been with them for close to that long to. and how many years has Yzerman been with the Wings?

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Heatley
Bouwmeester
Theodore

I'd go with guys that have actually played NHL games and proven they are for real.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
Drafted players who have played less than 10 NHL games:

F - Ovechkin
D - Phaneuf
G - Lehtonen

Players under the age of 27 who are NHLers:

F - Kovalchuk
D - Bouwmeester
G - Luongo

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Under 27

Forward - Vincent Lecavalier
Defenseman - I really want to say Paul Martin, but that would be foolish. Jay Bouwmeester, although he's not really too far ahead of everyone else.
Goalie - Rick DiPietro

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
danny said:
My Choice:
Sidney Crosby
Alexei Semenov (he has a idefnite upside, but this pick might change)
Kari Lethonen

Well Alexei would be pretty flattered. Though I'm a fan of his and I think he has big potential, my list would be the following:

Forward - Brad Richards - proven NHL playoff and regular season performer... his junior numbers are good as sid's raliable in his own zone... a young version of Sakic with a little more size.

Defence - Jay Boumeester - Smooth skating big size good personality, what's there not to like

Goalie - Kari Lethonen - Goalies are a shot in the dark at his age but I'll go with what I've read and say Lehtonen, my homer favourite would be JDD.

GXL

GXL

TVanek26*

Marcel Hossa

Mike Komisarek

JF Damphousse

:lol:

Really...

F:Alexander Ovechkin
D:Cam Barker
G:Kari Lehtonen

Inactive

Jul 27, 2002
Just Doing a quick tally up to post #22..

Forwards-
1. Kovalchuk (6 votes)
2. Ovechkin
-Heatly (3 votes)
4. Ruutu
-Crosby (2 votes)
6. Nash
-Thorton
-Lecavlier
-Richards (1 vote)

Defensmen-
1.Bouwmeester (11 votes)
2.Pitkanen (4 votes)
3.Phanuef (3 votes)
4.Semenov
-Barker (1 vote)

Goal-
1.Lehtonen (10 votes)
2.Luongo
-Fluery (3 votes)
4.Theodore (2 votes)
5.DiPetro
-Raycroft (1 vote)

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Sidney Crosby
Jay Bouwmeester
Marc-Andre Fleury

As good as Crosby has been, how can you think to take a player who has zero NHL experience, or pro experience for that matter. There are several players I would take before him just because of that fact. Crosby could easily become better than them but the others are also established.

Inactive

Jul 27, 2002
Kritty said:
As good as Crosby has been, how can you think to take a player who has zero NHL experience, or pro experience for that matter. There are several players I would take before him just because of that fact. Crosby could easily become better than them but the others are also established.

Crosbys potential alone is enough for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad