If you could have your ideal curve made, what would it be?

Duffman

Nov 15, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
In my experience, it doesn't seem to matter what blade pattern I have tried. The puck always ends up leaving a mark on the goalie's chest.....lol

In truth I have always liked the Coffey blade pattern. I rarely seem to find it anymore so I just look for similar patterns.

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
In my experience, it doesn't seem to matter what blade pattern I have tried. The puck always ends up leaving a mark on the goalie's chest.....lol

In truth I have always liked the Coffey blade pattern. I rarely seem to find it anymore so I just look for similar patterns.

Really? All I find are Coffeys! I was trying to find a PP26 Stastny for my two piece and every store in Vancouver had about ten Coffeys and no Stastnys. I had to order online.

Duffman

Nov 15, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
Really? All I find are Coffeys! I was trying to find a PP26 Stastny for my two piece and every store in Vancouver had about ten Coffeys and no Stastnys. I had to order online.

Maybe they just arn't that popular here. A couple weeks ago a couple guys from my Monday night skate were talking about them being hard to find at our local pro shops.

On the other hand maybe they are real popular and sell out right away....

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Anyone know of a PM9 esque curve closer to a 6 lie? I tend to shoot closer in to the body and am more up right. I get too much toe on the 5 lies.

gintonic

Jan 16, 2009
No need to ponder this topic, because now you can have your ideal curve made. Christian sticks are back and offering the ability to cusotmize your sticks.

www.cbhockey.com

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
I believe Warrior and Base offer that option.

Base offers a good selection of stock patterns you can choose for your customized stick, though it does not let you choose your own characteristics for the blade. They have enough stock patterns to cover most other retail curves on the market. They offer most of their curves in two or three different lies.

NomadFan

Mar 24, 2007
No need to ponder this topic, because now you can have your ideal curve made. Christian sticks are back and offering the ability to cusotmize your sticks.

www.cbhockey.com

Pretty cool, but how would you go about customizing a stick with multiple curve points?Assuming put that in the "additional notes" section?

I ask because I was at a team gear sale, and saw a stick with a curve that had a heel pattern similar to a Lidstrom/Getzlaf but it also curved at the toe - more than a toe kink but not quite a full on toe curve. I would have snagged the stick but it was a right hand shot and I'm a lefty...

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Base offers a good selection of stock patterns you can choose for your customized stick, though it does not let you choose your own characteristics for the blade. They have enough stock patterns to cover most other retail curves on the market. They offer most of their curves in two or three different lies.

That's what I was referring to, a higher lie Forsberg.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
To be able to find a current tapered composite the same as the old wood Hespeler Verbeek pattern. Very close to a Drury from what I remember, but maybe a bit more curve (not as much of a flat wedge).

I have been exclusively a Drury user, but got a good deal on Ryan Shannon pro stock, which is basically a P92. I have to say, I really like it!

As Jarick said too, I want to try a P106.

Also, as stated above, it shouldn't be hard to adapt to different curves.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
For me it'd be a P106, but with with the lie/rocker of a Drury. The P106 is essentially a Drury with a shorter blade, a bit less loft and a little bit of a mid curve added in (still a heel wedge more of less, but with a touch of mid curve as well, not totally straight like a Drury), however the P106 has a really big rocker, while the Drury has a more moderate rocker. I think the CCM Lecavalier *MIGHT* be this "dream curve" for me (P106 with a moderate rocker, and a lie similar to an Easton Drury or Bauer P88), but will have to check it out in store to confirm.

BadHammy*

My ideal curve is a slightly less open Drury with a 5 lie. I've got 5 or 6 pro stocks with it and love them all to death. I'd probably cut my own foot off before I got rid of them:D

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I would have a thin blade with a small curve. Something like a Zetterberg curve with a Hemsky blade.

I shoot the puck a lot, and have pretty good hands so I think that would be perfect.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
ideal for me would be a slightly less open kessel pro curve(harrow pattern 11) with a touch flatter/less rocker.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
Zetterberg curve with a rounded square toe and the curve more towards the toe.

member 30781

Take a Backstrom or Sakic curve and put a square toe on it. Not only do you get great lift on wristers but it would be so much easier to toe drag.

BadHammy*

sherwood spezza with 5.5 lie. i bought it from HM and it appears that the blade is too short with lie 5! can't believe that...

Just remember that lie is not universal. All lies are not created equal:nod:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd be pretty happy if i could just get myself more SWD composite spezza patterns.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
sherwood spezza with 5.5 lie. i bought it from HM and it appears that the blade is too short with lie 5! can't believe that...
What do you mean by "too short"? Lie refers to the angle between the blade and shaft, not the length of the blade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad