If you could change anything in the NHL.....

member 305909

Shorten the season.

Realize this could be blasphemous. I love hockey, miss it during the summer and I anticipate it starting every fall. However hockey shouldn't be played in June.

Agreed. Rather start earlier in September.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Shorten the season, force the less financially stable teams to fold or relocate, force teams away from using the Edmonton rebuild method (limiting the top 5 picks you can get)

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Shorten the season, force the less financially stable teams to fold or relocate, force teams away from using the Edmonton rebuild method (limiting the top 5 picks you can get)
Agree with the emboldened bit. There's too many games, and they kinda lose their importance. Lose a game? meh, we'll win the next one. Each game should be super super important and carry a lot of weight in terms of the season as a whole.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Give cap relief to teams for players they've drafted or traded for. Having a cap on signing free agents is fair enough, but teams should be able to keep their players together. It shouldn't be at the point where fans are more concerned with an impending cap crunch than actually enjoying their team
Cheer up mate, Nylander might even stay

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Random question out of curiosity. For me it would be to let there be more physicality. Within reason of course but I find penalty’s are so inconsistent and harsh. Pretty much completely agree with what Torts had to say

Agreed with you there. The NHL is soft as f*** these days.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Give cap relief to teams for players they've drafted or traded for. Having a cap on signing free agents is fair enough, but teams should be able to keep their players together. It shouldn't be at the point where fans are more concerned with an impending cap crunch than actually enjoying their team

The bias in this one is strong.

member 305909

In the play-offs instead of 2-2-1-1-1 I would change it to 1-2-2-1-1 so that a much stronger team can finish off the series at home if they win 4-0.

Not very important but a suggestion nevertheless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->