Speculation: If/When Jeff Petry Is Traded What Do You Expect the Return to Be?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
The funny thing is as soon as Klefbom and Nurse get good they will be gone too, it's a never ending cycle. We are literally a farm team for the rest of the NHL.

MPStoEberletoHall*

The funny thing is as soon as Klefbom and Nurse get good they will be gone too, it's a never ending cycle. We are literally a farm team for the rest of the NHL.

How exactly? Please explain. I expect Nurse and Klefbom to be quite a bit better than Petry. It's not like we are letting a superstar walk. He is a good #4 guy on a good team, I think we will find a replacement for him

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Spector couldn't find his ass with both hands and a map. Nobody told him anything. He's making a 50/50 guess.

He said his "source" told him on tonights broadcast, who knows.

How exactly? Please explain. I expect Nurse and Klefbom to be quite a bit better than Petry. It's not like we are letting a superstar walk. He is a good #4 guy on a good team, I think we will find a replacement for him

He's not a superstar by anymeans but he's a solid 2nd pairing guy who is home grown. I'm just tired of trading guys in their prime when we still desperately need their services.

Petry will be replaced by someone already inside the organization... I doubt we sign a single defenseman this offseason, MacT pretty much said so himself.

Next years defense:

Klefbom-Schultz
Ference-Fayne
Nurse-Nikitin
Aulie

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

He's not a superstar by anymeans but he's a solid 2nd pairing guy who is home grown. I'm just tired of trading guys in their prime when we still desperately need their services.

Petry will be replaced by someone already inside the organization... I doubt we sign a single defenseman this offseason, MacT pretty much said so himself.

Next years defense:

Klefbom-Schultz
Ference-Fayne
Nurse-Nikitin
Aulie

I remember back when their were rumours of us trading Hemsky to the penguins and Spector was having a talk with Jason Gregor on the Gregor show. Gregor hinted that he wouldn't be surprised that he was going to sign an extension (who probably heard that directly from the player) and Spector said adamantly that he wasn't going to. He basically called Gregor clueless something along the line of him betting his left nut.

Sure they are friends but the guy is clueless. He is probably just bored because he can't bash Yakupov right now.

MPStoEberletoHall*

Next years defense:

Klefbom-Schultz
Ference-Fayne
Nurse-Nikitin
Aulie

I understand what you are saying, but I'd rather not overpay for him. Petry is going to get at least 5 mil a season, and imo he is not worth that. I'll take the 2nd round pick + a prospect for him, than try and deal a few picks for some help on the backend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad