If we get 3rd overall pick, who would you want?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
His closest clone out of any of those is Johansen, which suits us just fine. But I'm Ready for Hanifin™

Ready for the draft
Ready for the fight
It's time to make a pick
It's probably Hanifin tonight

(Ow-awhoooooooo)

We can't trade
We won't trade
C-C-Coyotes never trade up

(Ow-awhoooooooo)

Wanna pick Strome
Need a big C
But based on the past
Donnie grabs a D

(Ow-awhoooooooo)

Ready for the draft
Ready for the fight
It's time to make a pick
It's probably Hanifin tonight

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Here's a handy 125pixel version for anyone else who is ready:
43CeuRl.png

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
So, if we value all three about the same, how much would it really be worth Toronto or Carolina to swap with us?

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
So, if we value all three about the same, how much would it really be worth Toronto or Carolina to swap with us?

If Toronto and Carolina both had a guy they really wanted and were worried they wouldn't get him, we could probably get decent something from it.

Though unless our scouts have someone out outside of the consensus top 5 that they actually like more, I don't want to trade down. Even then I'd be a bit iffy on it. I think we should just take our guy and be happy with him.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Toronto has an extra first. Some swap of AZ 2nd for that pick, or just taking the pick while sending them a player, or taking a cap dump. Plenty of possibilities.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I have no problem adding a first round draft pick in exchange for a contract and a second, but would not want to move past the #5 slot. Honestly, I don't think the team can go wrong with any of the big three. To paraphrase Steve Keim talking about their draft board, "sure there are fights but it's like arguing about who wins the Miss America Pageant. They're all beautiful."

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
I would swap with the Leafs so they can take Strome if they sent us their other first, or a second round pick back, and an NHL player who is an upgrade over the guys we will not be bringing back. I would then take Hanifin with the #4 pick. Marner and potential concussion issues/lack of #1C size, scare me.

I still would rather draft Stome, however.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
I was starting to get on the Strome hype train but his playoff production has spooked me. I would much rather pick Hanifin as the sure-thing stud defenseman or Marner knowing we're going to get a dynamic forward. In reality though, I don't have enough time to watch any of the kids consistently though so I'll won't be complaining even if we end up picking Strome come draft day. All the uncertainty is certainly exciting.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Strome did go pointless in those two games against london which is concerning, but he still had an assist last night and IMO played pretty well and people still said he was invisible. He's just not flashy at all so if no one finishes his passes it looks like he's not doing much. I may watch the two london games if they're on hockeystreams. Also he still has something crazy like 25 points in his last 15 games according to a graphic they showed on the game tonight so it's not all that bad haha.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Nice set up by strome, 2g 1a so far.

I feel Strome is a guy that will really benefit from a. a power skating coach of course and but mainly his first pro camp. Get him around NHL'ers and make him really see what he needs to work on to be competitive at the next level.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I feel Strome is a guy that will really benefit from a. a power skating coach of course and but mainly his first pro camp. Get him around NHL'ers and make him really see what he needs to work on to be competitive at the next level.

Yup, he also needs to put some muscle on, he looks skinny as hell. I may be crazy but I think long term he may end up not being too far behind Eichel, Strome just has so much room to grow and he's already so damn good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad