if we can agree on the top 5, who is 6-12 guarenteed

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
I think Plante is going to be a surprise. There is going to be somebody in the Top 15 to be infatuated with his size and potential skill set that will take him. It only takes one team to fall in love with a prospect like Plante considering his immense potential. Same thing goes for Nick Petrecki.

I actually think Shattenkirk will fall like Bobby Sanguinetti did last year.

I have to disagree about Shattenkirk falling as well. He is ranked lower by most of the major scouting services than Sanguinetti was last year, so if he falls, he's practically out of the first round, and I don't think that is going to happen. Also, Shattenkirk's game is a lot more multidimensional that Sanguinetti's game was at this point last year, and I think that reduces the likelihood of him falling as well. I actually think Petrecki is more likely to fall than Shattenkirk.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
i just love how you say that you don't like Gagner but you make him fall all the way to where the Habs should pick:sarcasm: .Anyways i think the Habs will be targetting a center this year and if Espo by any miracle falls all the way to us we'l pick him, if not i hope we'l draft Backlund, love his overall potential

I don't want Gagner, I just think he's the 12th best prospect available this year.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
This is about one of the best ones I have seen yet...only thing I disagree with is I would switch Hamill and Sutter

Yes because a list which is actually a consensus of what most people say here on HF is the best one.

You're gonna be surprised on draft day my friend. :shakehead

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Yes because a list which is actually a consensus of what most people say here on HF is the best one.

You're gonna be surprised on draft day my friend. :shakehead

To be honest, I think we'll all be surprised more than once on draft day. This year seems to be one of those drafts where there will be a lot of "off-the-board" picks and where a lot of highly ranked players can possibly drop significantly.

LeafsrGods*

i like it. here is my top 30.:)

1. pat kane
2. james van riemsdyk
3. jakub voracek
4. alexei cherepanov
5. kyle turris
6. karl alzner
7. sam gagner
8. keaton ellerby
9. logan couture
10.kevin shattenkirk
11.nick petrecki
12.mark katic
13.zach hamill
14.maxim mayorov
15.angelo esposito
16.oscar moller
17.brandon sutter
18.joakim andersson
19.brett maclean
20.alex plante
21.zack torquato
22.billy sweatt
23.jonathan blum
24.ryan mcdonagh
25.thomas hickey
26.lars eller
27.mikael backlund
28.luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i
29.colton gillies
30.david perron

what do you think??

i think you have a pretty good draft there.

Here is mine:

Patrick Kane

Jakub Voracek

Kyle Turris

Alexei Cherepanov

James VanRiemsdyk

Karl Alzner

Sam Gagner

Logan Couture

Angelo Esposito

Nick Petricki

Keaton Ellerby

Colton Gillies

Maxim Mayorov

Brandon Sutter

15*
Marc Katic

16*
John Blum

Alex Plante

Zach Hamill

19*
Akim Aliu

Keven Veilleux

Tommy Cross

Thomas Hickey

Michal Repik

24*
Kevin Shattenkirk

25*
Joakim Anderson

26*
Mike Hoeffel

27*
Oscar Moller

28*
Max Gratchev

Mikael Backlund

30*
Brett McLean

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
i like it. here is my top 30.:)

1. pat kane
2. james van riemsdyk
3. jakub voracek
4. alexei cherepanov
5. kyle turris
6. karl alzner
7. sam gagner
8. keaton ellerby
9. logan couture
10.kevin shattenkirk
11.nick petrecki
12.mark katic
13.zach hamill
14.maxim mayorov
15.angelo esposito
16.oscar moller
17.brandon sutter
18.joakim andersson
19.brett maclean
20.alex plante
21.zack torquato
22.billy sweatt
23.jonathan blum
24.ryan mcdonagh
25.thomas hickey
26.lars eller
27.mikael backlund
28.luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i
29.colton gillies
30.david perron

what do you think??

No chance in hell the Kings pass on Turris. None.

LeafsrGods*

Wow a lot of lists here are very different, I guess this year's draft is really that hard to predict. It's all about who you like more or less.

Personally, I don't like Alex Plante. Seen him play a couple of times and didn't like his skating ability or his decision making when he has the puck. His size is appealing, but with the new NHL a guy like Alex Plante isn't that important anymore. Look at Chara, his incredible size didn't really matter this year. I have him ranked early 2nd round.

Joakim Andersson I don't really like either. I think he's overrated. He's slow and doesn't seem all that strong for a guy his size.

Sam Gagner, too. Yes he's quick and has good skills but IMO he'll never be more than a marginal 2nd liner in the NHL that can't perform in the playoffs. Of course that's my opinion after seeing play a couple of times. I think there are better players than him for the top 10.

Surely a team will like one of these guys and pick them early, but this doesn't really mean that they are surefire NHLer. We'll see in a couple of years. Just for fun, here's my top 20:

01 Jakub Voracek
02 Patrick Kane
03 James Van Riemsdyk
04 Karl Alzner
05 Kyle Turris
06 Alexey Cherepanov
07 Logan Couture
08 Zach Hamill
09 Kevin Shattenkirk
10 Ryan McDonagh
11 Mikael Backlund
12 Sam Gagner
13 Keaton Ellerby
14 Maxim Mayorov
15 Lars Eller
16 Oscar Moller
17 Billy Sweatt
18 Colton Gillies
19 Angelo Esposito
20 Jonathan Blum

lol! Sam Gagner all the way too #12?!?!? Nice try, habs fan. Switch Couture with Gagner, and then Couture with Backlund. Also, i dont think the Leafs are going to pass on Mayorov.

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site
loool. you didnt prove anything, you just made something else up for all we know. I knew Mike Oke was the chief scout without taking any courses, its right there in the "about us" section. :biglaugh:

Why would i care if you dont believe what I just said?? Why would I make something like that up?? It's true, every Sunday at 1pm et we all chat with Mike Oke and Dino Caputo, another scout from a WHL team, also with ISS.

Dont believe me? I could care less, cuz you obviously think youre pretty big by dissing someone who actually is trying to pursue a career in scouting. Pardon me for trying to pursue a career that I live for and not just wanting an average joe working his 9-5 job everyday for his whole life.

Money well spent I see.......... :sarcasm:

Actually it is money very well spent. And maybe you spend all your parents money on videos games and cheeseburgers, but this scouting is excellent for anyone wanting to get into scouting. You, like Big Kov, are a couple of cowards that think theyre so funny dissing someone for trying to something worthwhile, and not being a 16 hour a day poster on might hfboards. I could give you a link to the course, as it is a course known worldwide, but why would I do that for kids like you and Big Kov.

BTW, Im in Week 6 of the 8 week course, and once I snatch a job with a AJHL/WHL team, Ill let you two clowns for sure. Then we will see who's laughing. Cuz one guy that took it came back and said he got a scouting job with the Seattle Thunderbirds. And no I dont have a link for that, sorry children. :shakehead

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
oh man i would love to be a scout. im just not sure if i want to spend hundreds of dollars on a course i know nothing about.

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site
The course is also offering a career conference at the NHL Draft in Columbus, Ohio this year, June 22nd/23rd. I hope to attend as the big shots are guest speakers:

Tim Cranston, Certified NHL Agent
Jim Benning, Boston Bruins Dir. Of Player Personnel
Matt Ebbs, G.M. of International Scouting Services
Michael Oke, International Scouting Services Chief Scout
Patrice Cormier, Projected 1st Round Draft pick of 2008 NHL Draft
Columbus Blue Jackets representative
EJ Hradek, ESPN Hockey Analyst

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The course is also offering a career conference at the NHL Draft in Columbus, Ohio this year, June 22nd/23rd. I hope to attend as the big shots are guest speakers:

Tim Cranston, Certified NHL Agent
Jim Benning, Boston Bruins Dir. Of Player Personnel
Matt Ebbs, G.M. of International Scouting Services
Michael Oke, International Scouting Services Chief Scout
Patrice Cormier, Projected 1st Round Draft pick of 2008 NHL Draft
Columbus Blue Jackets representative
EJ Hradek, ESPN Hockey Analyst

I'm guessing the Blue Jackets guy will instruct you on how NOT to draft?

And Hradek will talk about a bunch of stupid ******** no one cares about?

And what the heck does Cormier have to do with scouting?

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site
I'm guessing the Blue Jackets guy will instruct you on how NOT to draft?

And Hradek will talk about a bunch of stupid ******** no one cares about?

And what the heck does Cormier have to do with scouting?

Uhh, yah, the Jackets draft fine. They rush all their prospects in too fast. Nash, Brule, Brassard, Kris Russell, man they are sure crappy players. And its a career conference, and he is employed by an NHL team. Pretty impressive

Say what you want about Hradek, but he is one of the biggets names in American journalism.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The Blue Jackets have drafted awful. Are you serious?

They got Nash, Brassard, and Brule all as top 10 picks. It's hard to **** that up.

Kris Russell went way too low.

Anyone currently employed by the Blue Jackets and involved in their drafting is someone to NOT put much thought to their advice.

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site
The Blue Jackets have drafted awful. Are you serious?

Kris Russell went way too low.

Anyone currently employed by the Blue Jackets and involved in their drafting is someone to NOT put much thought to their advice.

It's pretty easy as a fan to look back and say that someone went too low. Bergeron went too low. Kaberle went too low. Zetterberg went too low. Hindisght's 20/20. When Russell was drafted, he was 160 lbs., 5'10 d-man, who would take him 1st or 2nd round back when the new rules werent in place.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It's pretty easy as a fan to look back and say that someone went too low. Bergeron went too low. Kaberle went too low. Zetterberg went too low. Hindisght's 20/20. When Russell was drafted, he was 160 lbs., 5'10 d-man, who would take him 1st or 2nd round back when the new rules werent in place.

Actually most people had him pegged for early 2nd round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad