Series Talk: If we beat Boston in the 1st round and Tampa Bay loses...

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Well if Leafs beat Boston and Bolts lose you'd think your road to 50 plus years of futility would be looking better. Side note don't worry about the next round until you win the first one. Good luck.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Well if Leafs beat Boston and Bolts lose you'd think your road to 50 plus years of futility would be looking better. Side note don't worry about the next round until you win the first one. Good luck.

If you're going throw a drive-by cliche insult at our fanbase, at least admit who you cheer for so we can reciprocate.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
In this scenario I don't give a **** if we lose to anyone in the 2nd round. We proved we can win a round and beat Boston and no one will take more heat than Tampa for choking.

We make it 2nd round... faith is half restored in our core, and our coaches.

We make it to Conference. Ill eat crow for insulting Babs and Co.

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
We make it 2nd round... faith is half restored in our core, and our coaches.

We make it to Conference. Ill eat crow for insulting Babs and Co.

Agree. Win a round and I think everyone should step back from the ledge. Win two rounds and maybe these guys are as good as they think they are. Lose in the first round and it shows this team has some serious flaws even though it has the talent to win.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Would be an interesting situation. The Leafs should feel confident from doing something they haven't been able to do in more recent times. A similar level of confidence would probably be found in the team that knocks off what looks to be the President's Trophy winners.

Different teams have different styles, of course, but take the same sort of approach that was successful against the Bruins. Have the mentality that the other team isn't infallible, but they aren't going to be a pushover either.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
two very big 'ifs"

might as well title the thread what happens if the leafs win the cup, cause the first two rounds would be the hardest games for the leafs.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
It must be nice, living in Never-Never Land, maybe I'll visit you sometime when I need a break from reality.

Reactions: Slyfox

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I thought if I could light my own farts I could fly to the moon or at least Uranus. But if I couldn't do that at least I could use my penis as a pogo stick, and that might be a way of getting around.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Another heydorkhowyadoin thread.

Do you just start a thread for every thought that pops into your head?

Hey....wait a minute....are you my wife?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Don't think the team has the combination of good coaching and physical ability to win 3 rounds.

At some point you're gonna need your coach to adapt on the fly and really out-coach the other guy and you're also gonna need to stand physical abuse and give it. Don't have faith in this team to do that in the playoffs for 3 rounds. Like 1 would be an accomplishment.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
We would steamroll all those teams and win the cup.

Beating Boston would be the biggest injection of confidence for this team.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
How do we stack up against NYI, WSH, CBS, or CAR.

Would we have to change our style of play against the NYI? Their system seems to be build around killing the Leafs.

This might surprise some, but I actually welcome a series against TB. I think the Leafs can beat them in a seven game series and that one loss against them I felt was one of their best game of the season. They lost the game as they walked into an insane goaltender performance that I challenge him to replicate every night in a playoff series.

In my mind, the toughest battles for the Leafs would be against Washington and the Bruins. Unfortunately, we probably meet the Bruins in the first round, this is why home ice is so vital.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
There is still over 20% of the season left to play. Its tight in the east. Could even miss the playoffs. Don't think that will happen tho.

I don't care who the Leafs play first round.
As long as they show improvement from last season.
Show some guts and fight for every game I will be happy either way.
As we all know they collapsed mentally in their last 2 game seven 3rd periods. If they get that far again, win FFS.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
The chances of Toronto beating Boston and Tampa losing to the 2nd wild card are like 0.000000001%.
giphy.gif

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
How do we stack up against NYI, WSH, CBS, or CAR.

Would we have to change our style of play against the NYI? Their system seems to be build around killing the Leafs.
the leafs are built assuming the refs call penalties
they missed a few early ones in the ISLANDER game
if u don't call the rules why have 4 lines that can fly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad