from vegas
neal ( half retained making him 2.5)
emelin (half retained making him 2.05)
both on expiring contracts eats up vegas ability to retain

from boston
spooner (rfa)
hayes 2.8 (1 year only)
adam mcquaid (2 years at 2.75)
bostons 2018 first round pick (not protected)

im estimating bostons 3 guys will earn around 8 mill this year so im asking vegas to take on around 4 mill but at least they are getting some warm bodies. mcquaid has entertaining fights. spooner has potential to be a 55-60 point scorer on a top line... hayes is possibly going to play hard if he wants another contract

is spooner and a first better than neal would get at deadline? this first might be a lottery first

as for my b's we get the wing we need... to a right shot dman into a left shot on an expiring contract... saves around 4 mill on cap to get another forward upgrade

frankly the methot trade shocks hell out of me but shows me without any doubt vegas is committed to sucking.

i want to be in on neal before someone gets him next

Ship It To Vegas

Apr 14, 2017
I don't love it mostly because spooner is already 25 and would rather find someone younger to build a deal around Neal even if we had to add to get the right guy rather than taking picks too. Neal is one of the few guys we have that we should be able to get top value for (Methot lol). I think the overall value is ok just not the right guy to centre a deal around.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Vegas want picks and players under 22. Only. So change your offer accordingly.

PS: You can add a cap dump to your picks if you add an additional pick.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Vegas want picks and players under 22. Only. So change your offer accordingly.

PS: You can add a cap dump to your picks if you add an additional pick

McQuaid and Hayes are cap dumps, although McQuaid could probably flipped somewhere at the deadline for a bit of value back.

As a Bruins fan, IMO if we're dumping Hayes + McQuaid on Vegas AND having them retain on Neal/Emelin, it's going to take much much more than Spooner and a first.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Change the players you are sending into picks or good prospects and maybe Vegas will listen. They seem to want futures only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad