Pre-Game Talk: If there was ever a time for us to play well in an afternoon game... (12:30, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Are the Rangers trying to assure themselves of more favorable matchups in the Stanley Cup playoffs? It sure seems that way give the Rangers will be without a couple of key players in today's regular-season finale against the Red Wings. That group includes goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, who is 5-0-1 with three shutouts in his last six games vs. Detroit, and leading scorer Mats Zuccarello, who reportedly has a lower-body issue. Zuccarello has not missed a game this season. The Rangers are holding down the top wild card spot in the Eastern Conference and if they stay there, they'd avoid playing the red-hot Pittsburgh Penguins in the opening round of the playoffs and could duck the regular-season champion Washington Capitals in the second round should they advance. The Rangers will also be without defensemen Dan Girardi and captain Ryan McDonagh, who are both battling injuries.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index..._gameday_rangers_tryi.html#incart_river_index

Lundqvist has 3 shutouts in his last 6 against us? It seems like games against the Rangers are always low scoring affairs, but wow. I can't wait for us to make this backup look like a Vezina candidate :|.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Just win. If they lose it may be a relief. Being here lately is such a drain. So toxic. Would love to just check out if they lose.

LGRW

No excuses. Hope this isn't Datsyuk's last game.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Just win. If they lose it may be a relief. Being here lately is such a drain. So toxic. Would love to just check out if they lose.

LGRW

No excuses. Hope this isn't Datsyuk's last game.

Checking out... Sounds nice. But then we start talking about the draft. And then the inevitable resignings of Quincey and Helm. Some Holland hate. Then the rumors that we're in talks to try and sign Hudler and trade a 1st for Fil. Board is on the verge of rioting. Then it's July 1st and what free agents should we target? Oh man there are rumors that we're in the running for Stamkos. Decisions about whether or not he's worth 9.5-10m dollars. Excitement for opening day in the final season of the Joe. New season starts and Datsyuk scores a hat trick. - Next 4-5 months of HFRW board

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Win or game over. Not gonna waste time on Philly's last game. Just get it done today. LGRW.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Lundqvist is resting.... detroit wins

Does anyone happen to know our record when playing against a backup goalie? I have to imagine it's among the worst in the league but I don't know where I'd find that information.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
There's really no excuse for this one.

Wings will dominate. Not that it's impressive to dominate a team sitting half their key players and vezina caliber goalie, but they will dominate nonetheless.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Does anyone happen to know our record when playing against a backup goalie? I have to imagine it's among the worst in the league but I don't know where I'd find that information.

Yes. The Wings are undefeated when playing against a backup goalie in New York on the last day of the regular season needing to win to go to the playoffs. That's a relief eh?

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
If Datsyuk and zetterberg and kronwall weren't such a shell of themselves, I wouldn't be so nervous about this game. in the past, you could always rely on them to step up in big games. Now it's a crapshoot

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Last time these two teams played, Rangers scored the first and kinda sat back which allowed Wings to launch attack after attack pretty much uncontested. Rangers goalie was probably the only reason why it was close till the end.

I dont know if it's Rangers' regular MO to sit back or not but if it is, I'd say there's fairly good chance we make it today.

If not.. I dont watch rangers to know how they play usually but I'd say Rangers won all those games for a reason or two and Wings are in this position for a reason.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
Strangely enough I'm less nervous today than I was before the Boston game. I'm quite optimistic, think they'll win BUT at the same time I'm mentally prepared for a loss- it would be tough to take, but not the end of the world.

Now, if a loss would mean not only the end of the playoff-streak, but that Pavel's played his last game as a Wing- I mean ugh, that WILL seem like the end of the world :(

Hope Abby's good to go and I would like Mantha to be back in the lineup, as it seems like the pp misses him.

LGRW
and
Ottawa & Pittsburgh

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
I hope Ottawa is beating Boston 5-0 after the first as well.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The Boston game on at the same time...the schedule makers are ********. Might as well get this drama out of the way and not have to scoreboard watch. Bottom line, beat the Rangers and the Bruins can do whatever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad