If there really was aliens out there, you think they'd like us?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Personal opinion; they'd be scared of us and not like us.
- would probably see us as violent monsters
who just kill each other for no real reason

Because our track record is not very good...

First recorded war was fought about 5 000 years ago,
and thats just the first one recorded, that we have
found a record of that is.

Have we done good things as a species?
sure, but what's the balance on that?
- good vs bad

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Personal opinion; they'd be scared of us and not like us.
- would probably see us as violent monsters
who just kill each other for no real reason

Because our track record is not very good...

First recorded war was fought about 5 000 years ago,
and thats just the first one recorded, that we have
found a record of that is.

Have we done good things as a species?
sure, but what's the balance on that?
- good vs bad

If they can travel light years in space they have nothing to fear from us. If anything we'd be enslaved building huge cauldron ovens that we would eventually be simmering in.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Anyone that has ever been to Florida knows that extraterrestrial beings are very real.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Like us? I think with marinade and seasoning they may consider us a delicacy...

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
Like us? We're scared of our own shadows and would probably try to kill them in fear. I doubt they like us much. They probably see us a we see prehistoric cavemen. Not ready for prime time

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Like us? I think with marinade and seasoning they may consider us a delicacy...

48MRtZZ.gif

Reactions: Tarantula

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
If we were to encounter organic life, they'd be just like us. Extremely diverse, inherently selfish/evil, and have a multitude of opinions. They'd have had their Hitlers, Stalins, and they'd gaslight themselves into believing that they were somehow better than that in their current state. Take a look at the human race. We have more slaves now than at any time in history. We've destroyed our planet. I have a theory that inevitably, all intelligent life eventually destroys itself. The long-term legacy of humanity will be the AI we leave behind to explore the universe if we are lucky. It's very possible that the only thing left behind of the human race in the next million years will be the voyager probes/other space junk that we've launched out of the solar system. The only other 'intelligent' races we might encounter would likely be like the Borg: a hivemind consciousness of AI with no diversity of opinion... or even an opinion of anything for that matter. It would either observe us without us knowing, ignore us, or exterminate us as it would be completely self-serving.

But at the end of the day, if we encounter a species that is more technologically advanced than us, we will likely be enslaved or exterminated or both. They won't care about 'morality' or 'rights'.

If we encounter a species that is less advanced than us, we will be the ones doing the enslaving/exterminating. We won't care about their 'morality' or 'rights'. We don't even care about our own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad