If there are 3 games Flyers play for seeding.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If you have 3 play in games before the real playoffs that seems like a great time to determine if you want to change the lineup before the actual playoff.
Ghost should play all three for sure and see where he is.
I want to see Frost at least one game on 4th line C and see if he can handle it.
What lines do you play JVR Farabee and Laughton on lw? Is Farabee out and Rafll in?
Any other names/thoughts that come to mind?

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I kinda feel like it'll be the opposite...weird enough situation as is, I think you'd be averse to doing much different than what was (by which I mean what the team considered to be) working prior to the pause. But this is such a bizarre scenario, who knows. Think we'll have to see how much practice time everyone will get and what the actual format is when finalized, but again...who knows?

I do have a solid worry that three months away will be enough to wipe all the progress made, and that they'll just come out and play Hakshit hockey for two weeks. And then the Rangers will win the Cup on some "DOIN IT FOR THE CITY" shit.

We must be close to hockey returning, because I am already seeing the nightmare scenarios.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If they are 3 playing games the only seed I don't want to be is 4. Pens would be tough match up. But if Flyers were 1 2 or 3 seed I would care so little from the difference. The only difference is I guess one extra game of having last shift change in eastern finals. It seems so common sense to play Ghost for example and evaluate. I would think sit Nate Thompson at least one game and evaluate.

Reactions: orangey

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If they are 3 playing games the only seed I don't want to be is 4. Pens would be tough match up. But if Flyers were 1 2 or 3 seed I would care so little from the difference. The only difference is I guess one extra game of having last shift change in eastern finals. It seems so common sense to play Ghost for example and evaluate. I would think sit Nate Thompson at least one game and evaluate.

Ghost is a no brainer. I would also think the top seeds are secured. Just a matter of moving the top 2 seeds around. I would think the ref season matters so that the bolts can’t catch the Bruins with 3 games, however we could certainly catch the caps. It could mean we stay 2nd at worst or move up to the top seed. Good deal for us.

I know JVR is good. And Patrick remains a big ?. What about Myers? Is he going to be back?

Reactions: Flyer lurker

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
The seed actually wouldn’t make that much of a difference to me. The goal over those three games simply has to be getting ready for the next series. They were playing playoff hockey before the break. I would think and hope they come out with a similar lineup after the break - although I would certainly like to see Ghost be given a shot. Either Patrick (preferably) or Frost being put in over Thompson would be ideal as well. Patrick is a no brainer if healthy.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
The seeding matters if you win the first round. Flyers were excellent at home.
There is no home only hub cities. Yeah one extra game of last change helps but doesn't help as much as top notch Ghost or Farabee or Frost.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Honestly I don't think seeding matters at all I just am glad there will be some games played before the 'real' playoffs start. I was worried they'd come in cold if they had a bye.

No matchup worries me at this point because there are so many variables and unknowns that playing the seemingly worst team might not be the case. Who knows who has been working out and keeping up and who had chemistry before and lost it now. The Flyers could be unbeatable or unbearable. That goes for any team. I'm just excited for hockey!

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I do want to avoid the Penguins in the first round if at all possible. The Canadiens are maybe the weakest opponent in the whole show and the Penguins will be 100% healthy--which hasn't been the case all season. So, the next-most-dangerous team in the East should, in theory, get to sharpen their shit against some soft competition while the top four paw each other in the round robin. And if Pittsburgh ends up as a hub city? C'mon.

I wanted the Pens right off the bat before we knew how this season was gonna go off the rails. But now with them rested and healthy and getting a more meaningful warmup than the Flyers will have...we'll wait on that.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Anyone can beat anyone, well maybe not Montreal, but otherwise it is just about worrying about yourself and getting as ready as possible. All teams will be healthy but rusty. Healthy Flyers are good. Rusty Flyers probably not but they have good and experienced coaches to help them get through that and I'm confident they will pull it together quickly. In any case it's hockey and I wont complain.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Predict the outcomes?

Phi v Was
Phi v Bos
Phi v TB
Was v Bos
Was v TB
Bos v TB

These games will be regular season OT rules, meaning OTL pt will be awarded.

I'm not clear on the tie breakers. I read reg season pt % will be used, but will that be the 1st tie breaker?

For example Boston could lose all 3 of their games in OT and get 3pts.

Flyers get the W vs Boston, lose in OT to TB and lose to Was for 3pts.

Even though the Flyers have a win, Boston would be seeded ahead of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad