If there are 3 games Flyers play for seeding.

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Flyers' started by Flyer lurker, May 23, 2020 at 5:03 AM.

1. Flyer lurker Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    If you have 3 play in games before the real playoffs that seems like a great time to determine if you want to change the lineup before the actual playoff.
    Ghost should play all three for sure and see where he is.
    I want to see Frost at least one game on 4th line C and see if he can handle it.
    What lines do you play JVR Farabee and Laughton on lw? Is Farabee out and Rafll in?
    Any other names/thoughts that come to mind?

2. DancingPanther May the four winds blow you safely home

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    How bout we just figure out what's going on with the actual league before speculating lineups

mize370 likes this.
  3. 1865 Fired Dave Hakstol

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Why? What else do we have to do today?

4. Rebels57 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    The 24 team shit was approved. They will resume play at some point. Maybe July 1st. Nothing wrong with speculating over lines.

5. TheKingPin HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Great idea to get some guys back in and see if they are good for the run like Frost. Specifically Frost.

Flyer lurker likes this.
  6. Rich Nixon new username, same ex-president

SB Cash:
    $ 1,198,000
    young hot street flame
    I kinda feel like it'll be the opposite...weird enough situation as is, I think you'd be averse to doing much different than what was (by which I mean what the team considered to be) working prior to the pause. But this is such a bizarre scenario, who knows. Think we'll have to see how much practice time everyone will get and what the actual format is when finalized, but again...who knows?

I do have a solid worry that three months away will be enough to wipe all the progress made, and that they'll just come out and play Hakshit hockey for two weeks. And then the Rangers will win the Cup on some "DOIN IT FOR THE CITY" shit.

We must be close to hockey returning, because I am already seeing the nightmare scenarios.

FlyerFaithful17 likes this.
  7. Flyer lurker Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    If they are 3 playing games the only seed I don't want to be is 4. Pens would be tough match up. But if Flyers were 1 2 or 3 seed I would care so little from the difference. The only difference is I guess one extra game of having last shift change in eastern finals. It seems so common sense to play Ghost for example and evaluate. I would think sit Nate Thompson at least one game and evaluate.

orangey likes this.
  8. TheKingPin HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Ghost is a no brainer. I would also think the top seeds are secured. Just a matter of moving the top 2 seeds around. I would think the ref season matters so that the bolts can’t catch the Bruins with 3 games, however we could certainly catch the caps. It could mean we stay 2nd at worst or move up to the top seed. Good deal for us.

I know JVR is good. And Patrick remains a big ?. What about Myers? Is he going to be back?

Flyer lurker likes this.
  9. flyersjim73 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    The seed actually wouldn’t make that much of a difference to me. The goal over those three games simply has to be getting ready for the next series. They were playing playoff hockey before the break. I would think and hope they come out with a similar lineup after the break - although I would certainly like to see Ghost be given a shot. Either Patrick (preferably) or Frost being put in over Thompson would be ideal as well. Patrick is a no brainer if healthy.

10. NYCFlyer Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    The seeding matters if you win the first round. Flyers were excellent at home.

11. Flyer lurker Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    There is no home only hub cities. Yeah one extra game of last change helps but doesn't help as much as top notch Ghost or Farabee or Frost.

12. win88ice2004 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Agree but does home ice really matter at this point. Ugh this sucks. I don't see home ice mattering at all during the playoffs for any team.

13. OzFlyers Registered Boozer

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I guess no matter the result of the 3 game seeding games we would have last change in the next round?

orangey and Flyer lurker like this.
  14. DrinkFightFlyers Provolone & The Neck Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Honestly I don't think seeding matters at all I just am glad there will be some games played before the 'real' playoffs start. I was worried they'd come in cold if they had a bye.

No matchup worries me at this point because there are so many variables and unknowns that playing the seemingly worst team might not be the case. Who knows who has been working out and keeping up and who had chemistry before and lost it now. The Flyers could be unbeatable or unbearable. That goes for any team. I'm just excited for hockey!

Young Sandwich and Flyer lurker like this.
  15. Rich Nixon new username, same ex-president

SB Cash:
    $ 1,198,000
    young hot street flame
    I do want to avoid the Penguins in the first round if at all possible. The Canadiens are maybe the weakest opponent in the whole show and the Penguins will be 100% healthy--which hasn't been the case all season. So, the next-most-dangerous team in the East should, in theory, get to sharpen their shit against some soft competition while the top four paw each other in the round robin. And if Pittsburgh ends up as a hub city? C'mon.

I wanted the Pens right off the bat before we knew how this season was gonna go off the rails. But now with them rested and healthy and getting a more meaningful warmup than the Flyers will have...we'll wait on that.

16. orangey Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Anyone can beat anyone, well maybe not Montreal, but otherwise it is just about worrying about yourself and getting as ready as possible. All teams will be healthy but rusty. Healthy Flyers are good. Rusty Flyers probably not but they have good and experienced coaches to help them get through that and I'm confident they will pull it together quickly. In any case it's hockey and I wont complain.

17. Flukeshot Fletcher Activate!

SB Cash:
    $ 1,250,000
    9-5'ing
    Predict the outcomes?

Phi v Was
    Phi v Bos
    Phi v TB
    Was v Bos
    Was v TB
    Bos v TB

These games will be regular season OT rules, meaning OTL pt will be awarded.

I'm not clear on the tie breakers. I read reg season pt % will be used, but will that be the 1st tie breaker?

For example Boston could lose all 3 of their games in OT and get 3pts.

Flyers get the W vs Boston, lose in OT to TB and lose to Was for 3pts.

Even though the Flyers have a win, Boston would be seeded ahead of them.