If the season starts again. Who is it Best and who is it Worst for?

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Probably just Malkin and Rust since they were playing pretty well. IMO everyone else on the team could really use a breather.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Excluding injuries like Jake or ZAR.

Best:
Sid. Few weeks off will likely help him regain some adrenaline.
Marleau. He looked great after a couple weeks off with SJ.

Worst:
Malkin. Hot streak interruption is never good.
Jarry. Probably easily loses his job now.

I agree about Jarry.. But I think Sullivan was probably going to Murray anyway due to experience.

Reactions: WayneSid9987

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Agree that team defense and forecheck, and injured players, all benefit most...

Benefiting least is Geno who was having a special season and probably the goaltending...Murray doesn’t start well in general, as we’ve seen, so I don’t quite get those saying Jarry but not him

Reactions: BrookswasHere44

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah I gotta feel pretty bad for Malkin. He was having himself a season and now who knows.

He'll be a year older and the team around him perhaps significantly different whenever this all gets back on track.

Reactions: Andy99

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
On the off chance that the season isn't cancelled...incredible for the whole team.

The Pens were stinkin' it up and Guentzel's absence was probably going to be too much for this team to overcome win it all. With him back, our odds would skyrocket.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I agree about Jarry.. But I think Sullivan was probably going to Murray anyway due to experience.

Yeah, I think Jarry has already lost the number 1 slot, to the extent he ever had it (maybe for a few games). It would be MM's to lose if/when they return.

Reactions: Hungamania

MrRuckus

Nov 7, 2019
I really haven't been following this. Are they still going to be practicing? It'd make a big difference if they got their team organized and the new players on the same page.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Excluding injuries like Jake or ZAR.

Best:
Sid. Few weeks off will likely help him regain some adrenaline.
Marleau. He looked great after a couple weeks off with SJ.

Worst:
Malkin. Hot streak interruption is never good.
Jarry. Probably easily loses his job now.

Goalie fight time!
Haven't we all agreed that Murray is better in the 2nd half than the first half? So wouldn't we be worried about his performance coming off a long layoff?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Read the first f***ing post Shady.

Nick Bjugstad is the real winner.

Honestly I think almost everyone wins. Maybe even Geno. Sure he's in hot form, but a rest still wouldn't be bad for him. Not like coming back cold after his injury slowed him day the first time around either.

But I feel like Letang could use a reset, so maybe he's the winner.

Reactions: billybudd

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Murray always plays better after a long break.

2016 and 2017 cup runs, he was coming off injury breaks, and missed entire series in some cases then played great upon returning.

Hope that will happen again.

Reactions: StroShow

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Great thread... could even expand this to all NHL teams. Flyers lose a massive hot streak. Pens lose a massive cold streak.

Sid has to improve. Marino gets fully healthy. Those are my top 2.

Reactions: WayneSid9987

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Murray always plays better after a long break.

2016 and 2017 cup runs, he was coming off injury breaks, and missed entire series in some cases then played great upon returning.

Hope that will happen again.

just not summer breaks lol

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Beating them in a best of three 1st round series with a healthy Jake and Sid would be hilarious.

The conspiracy theories from that fanbase would be hilarious. Hell, a majority already think that Bettman rigged the lottery so I hope that happens and they can whine some more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->