If the Pens win the lottery again: Do they pick Kessel or trade the pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
As the title asks, lets say for fun that Pittsburgh wins the draft lottery again.

With Crosby and Malkin (both centres)and Fleury set as potential franchise players would you trade the #1 pick (assuming its Kessel) and if so who would you realistically target back?

Heres a few young dman that might be a good idea:

Phaneuf (Kessel himself won't likely be enough for Phaneuf)
Jack Johnson : 1 for 1 - not a bad trade
Seabrook and more
Eminger and more

IMO the best trade for Pitts would Jack Johnson, but I dunno if Carolina would wanna make that trade now that they have a decent offense w/ Staal.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
trahans99 said:
As the title asks, lets say for fun that Pittsburgh wins the draft lottery again.

With Crosby and Malkin (both centres)and Fleury set as potential franchise players would you trade the #1 pick (assuming its Kessel)

They would draft Kessel. He and Crosby would be great together.

I still think Kessel ends up in St. Louis though. He will be a good fit there as they rebuild.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
the Penguins would definitely not trade the pick and keep Kessel to make one sick offense, they would then use the Free Agent market more effectively then last year and build there defense throught that.

Transported Upstater

trahans99 said:

With Crosby and Malkin (both centres)and Fleury set as potential franchise players would you trade the #1 pick (assuming its Kessel) and if so who would you realistically target back?

Heres a few young dman that might be a good idea:

Phaneuf (Kessel himself won't likely be enough for Phaneuf)
Jack Johnson : 1 for 1 - not a bad trade
Seabrook and more
Eminger and more

IMO the best trade for Pitts would Jack Johnson, but I dunno if Carolina would wanna make that trade now that they have a decent offense w/ Staal.

Calgary wouldn't trade Phaneuf for the #1 pick. No way. Calgary wouldn't trade him unless you give them TREMENDOUS, TREMENDOUS overpayment.

I doubt Carolina would trade Johnson, as I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) they have much in their prospect pool on defense. But I'd trade Johnson for Kessel if I had the defense depth.

Claypool_*

If the Pens have the 1st overall pick, they're taking Kessel. You take the best player in the draft.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Claypool said:
If the Pens have the 1st overall pick, they're taking Kessel. You take the best player in the draft.

Unless you already have great fowards ahead of him ie Crosby and Malkin. I too would probably take Kessel and move 1 of the 3 studs to wing, but thought it would make an interesting debate.

Pens75

Pens Fan Since 1975
Jul 30, 2005
Duquesne Gardens
I know this is a "what if" scenario...

But I honestly believe with the new coaching staff they won't finish in the bottom 5.

No shot at Kessel.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
If they win the lottery they don't pick Kessel, they don't trade it away, the pick TOEWS!!!!!! You heard it hear first kids! ;)

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I'm guessing they'll take Kessel and either he or Crosby will switch to wing. I'm guessing Kessel, as Crosby is better at using his wingers. Kessel, to me, seems to project better as a winger in the NHL anyway. I think he'd be better as a LW, so that he can take more advantage of his wicked shot.

However, with the quality forward depth they have, it wouldn't shock me to see them trade down for Johnson. But I think the prospect of marketing potentially the best American and Canadian forwards in the league will be just too much for them to pass up.

Skroob*

If they win the lottery again, im sending a map of Pittsburgh to Al Qaeda

bure94

If they get the #1 pick they should select Frolik and get the better player.

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
trahans99 said:
Is it just me or does Kessel look like the ugliest wearwolf you've ever seen?

He looks like Saku Koivu minus the zits.

20041224kessel-phil.jpg

Kessel

montage-nouvelles.jpg

Koivu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad