Speculation: If the Pens fail to make the playoffs, who do you blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If the Pens fail to make the playoffs, who do predict will deserve most of the blame?

e7dBFFW.gif

drunk-guy.gif

giphy.gif

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
What exactly do we have to go on?

pre·dic·tion
prəˈdikSH(ə)n/
noun

a thing predicted; a forecast.
"a prediction that the Greeks would destroy the Persian empire"

synonyms: forecast, prophecy, prognosis, prognostication, augury;

the action of predicting something.
"the prediction of future behavior"

You can cut a pig open and read the entrails if you want, a prediction is just that, a prediction.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
hf will blame Crosby, the Toronto Media will blame Kessel and the Pittsburgh media will be covering Rossi dying from the strongest ever orgasm and schadenfreude. But in reality if it happens it will be injuries. If Fleury goes down for long then they will be in trouble, unless Murray comes to the rescue like a Goalie God.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If they manage to miss the playoffs, it will almost certainly be because of more than just one individual. Like last season. It was key injuries, a reckless/stupid trade(s), cap issues, and some other smaller factors that all came together to nearly sink the ship at the last second.

So... no idea. It's never any one person's fault. I suppose if I had to guess who would most potentially be to blame, it would be some combination of coaching/management. Since they are the smallest group of individuals with the most control over the majority of the team and it's on-ice performance.

If we go by media standards... Crosby. With a dash of Malkin.

Last edited:

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I can't believe someone would waste their time making this thread......and worse,... I can't believe I voted........

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I feel like Scuderi and Lovejoy could be the new Gladams. Although Glass and Adams didnt get that much money

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
The talent on this team should be in the play-offs unless majorly injured or completely misused by the coaching staff. So injuries and Johnston as the most likely scenarios with media and fans blaming Crosby and Kessel.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
This is like predicting what injury will happen next. A complete stab in the dark (...which will actually be the next injury).

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Too early for this... lets say the team decides to trade malkin, Kessel, and Crosby for Scott Hartnell... then It would probably be the front office.... lets say the whole roster gets the plague... then it would be injuries...lets say Johnson healthy scratches every forward and plays nothing but defensemen, then it would be coaching...

too many variables for a fairly unlikely scenario anyhow

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
A coach will always get the vote out of that list. I thought the Young D was an interesting choice but with the way the team is constructed they SHOULD outscore their deficiencies on defense (baring injuries). It's also the coach's job to try to simplify things for the young D because, yes they will struggle for stretches. You have one Assistant Captain as an option but how about grouping him with the other 2 captains as a choice. While the coach will always get the fall, the leaders are partly responsible when things aren't working, it becomes a problem when there is discord between the leaders and the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad