If the Oilers drafted the next player in each draft, would they be better?

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Right, but now Pitts has/had

Crosby
Malkin
Fleury
Staal

What if they had picked

Bobby Ryan
Cam barker
Eric Staal
Toews

Instead?

Big difference there. That's the point I am making.

You are still literally ignoring the flaw that one player makes an entire team. The whole team doesn't suddenly not suck because they pick Crosby over Bobby Ryan. It doesn't matter if you have RNH and Taylor Hall if the defense makes the Colorado Avalanche look like they're boosting 6 Norris Trophy Winners and the depth is less than the 1999 draft.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
It does not matter who you pick if the team management is garbage.
Its garbage because the stupidly wealthy owner will not spend the money necessary in coaching, scouting, player development, analytics and all the other areas needed by a modern day sports franchise.

Karlsson2Turris*

The best thing to ever happen to Seguin was to NOT be drafted first overall. he would have nobody to tell him to mature and they'd be happy with him getting 60 points instead of reaching his true superstar potential.

meenamjah

Apr 8, 2012
I think I heard a real eye opening stat. In the past 10 years, only 1 player drafted outside the 1st round is playing for them or something along those lines. Their scouting and drafting department is brutally incompetent. It probably doesn't matter who they drafted in the 1st round.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Let's take it a step further, what if they did the George Costanza thing and did the opposite of whatever they were going to do?

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
It's probably the first time in NHL history a team can pick first OA like 4 years in a row, should have been 5 without the short season, and STILL be the worst team in the NHL.

Exaggerate much? Lets bash the Oilers cuz there hasn't been a thread made in the last 15 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad