Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Jeff Shafer, Dec 22, 2003.
If the NHL draft was today what would the top 30 picks look like?
Something like this, things are most likely going to change
1. Alexander Ovechkin Dynamo RSL 6'2/200 RW
2. Rostislav Olesz Viktovice CZE 6'1/191 C
3. Yevgeny Malkin Magnitogor RSL 6'3/176 C
4. Rob Schremp London OHL 6'0/197 C
5. Cam Barker Medicine Hat WHL 6'3/207 D
6. Wojtek Wolski Brampton OHL 6'3/200 LW
7. Jakub Sindel Sparta CZE 6'0/167 LW
8. Evan McGrath Kitchener OHL 5'11/181 C
9. Lauri Tukonen Blues FNL 6'2/194 RW
10. Devan Dubnyk Kamloops WHL 6'5/186 G
11. Adam Pineault Boston College H-East 6'1/193 RW
12. Drew Stafford North Dakota WCHA 6'2/202 C
13. Wes O'Neill Notre Dame CCHA 6'4/200 D
14. Johannes Salomonsson Djurgarden SEL 6'2/183 LW
15. Marek Schwarz Sparta CZE 6'0/176 G
16. Mark Fistric Vancouver WHL 6'2/232 D
17. Kyle Chipchura Prince Albert WHL 6'2/197 C
18. Alexandre Picard Lewiston QMJHL 6'2/190 LW
19. Mike Green Saskatoon WHL 6'1/195 D
20. Andrew Ladd Calgary WHL 6'2/200 LW
21. David Booth Michigan State CCHA 6'1/212 LW
22. Dustin Boyd Moose Jaw WHL 6'0/186 C
23. Joe Barnes Saskatoon WHL 6'4/202 C
24. Richard DemÃ©n-Willaume Frolunda SEL 6'2/196 D
25. T.J. Hensick Michigan CCHA 5'9/180 C
26. John Lammers Lethbridge WHL 5'11/182 LW
27. Eric Hunter Prince George WHL 6'0/183 LW
28. Bryan Bickell Ottawa OHL 6'3/210 LW
29. A.J. Thelen Michigan State CCHA 6'3/205 D
30. Julien Ellis Shawinigan QMJHL 6'0/180 G
H.M. Ryan Garlock, Tyler Haskins, Petr Pohl, David LalibertÃ©, Johan Fransson, Brian Bridges, Carl SÃ¶derberg, Dimitri Schitikov, Roman Wick, Alvaro Montoya, Anver Lisin, Ladislav Smid, Michal Sersen, Jeff Shultz, Mike Card & Casey Borer
you won't see Joe Barnes, Dustin Boyd, or Eric Hunter go that high. I am a big fan of Barnes as when I seen him play he has all the skills to make a star but as of now he has not shown that he is able to translate even to junior at the moment.
Smid is one of the top d-men for this years draft and is probably going to be a top 15 selection, Lisin and Pohl are also good bets for the 1st round of the draft and don't forget about Martin Karsums of the Moncton Wildcats who I think will be a 1st rounder, to early 2nd rounder.
i like barker over schremp, but i guess it depends on what team drafts.
Johannes Salmonsson's done very little to go in the top 15.
Not sure if he'd go higher then a record setting Robert Nilsson.
This is a totally different draft though. Its not half as strong as last years, and I am sure you know that. Maybe 14th is a little high, but he is talented enough to sneak into the first round for sure. He will probably be picked somewhere in between 20 - 30 range.
That's it. I realize he's first round material. Just #14 seems to be a bit high.
Hopefully he falls to later in the round so the Leafs can nab him.
Would be a nice combo with Steen, thats for sure.
That would be nice.
Either Salmonsson or Fransson.
I suggest to you that Malkin will go #1 overall instead of Ovechkin. That is just my opinion.
I also suggest to you that the Penguins will finish #1 overall in the NHL.
Have you been drinking?
I think you should just rephrase that to...'Malkin will be the better player than Ovechkin'....I can definetaly believe that possibility, but I doubt anybody but Ovechkin will go first, barring injury.
Wes O'neil will go top ten.
Anyone know what Jakub Sindel's numbers look like so far this year?
Nevermind, I got 'em.
They won't win the President's Trophy, but the Stanley Cup ...
Same league, same age..Malkin outscoring Ovechkin. Maybe Malkin better player?
But theres no way any team passes Sasha.
Malkin isn't outscoring Ovechkin. He is almost a year younger though.
Separate names with a comma.