If the NHL 06' Draft was Today...

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
The people should wait 2 or 3 years more,to see Toews,Backstrom,Jonhson,Okposo in the NHL,and then judge

exactly. thats what i'm saying aswell. you cant rank staal ahead of johnson this early just because he is in the NHL. give johnson a chanse to.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
If you needed someone immediately, Staal was your guy. The Pens needed Staal immediately. Look at what he has done.

Long run? Who knows.

that is very NOT true, Staal didn't have any indication whatsoever of being NHL ready, he wasn't dominating the OHL on any aspect of the game, but he's a Stall, and once they start waking up they never stop

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
that is very NOT true, Staal didn't have any indication whatsoever of being NHL ready, he wasn't dominating the OHL on any aspect of the game, but he's a Stall, and once they start waking up they never stop

I didn't think Staal would even sniff the NHL for 2 years. Even then I saw him playing in the AHL for the bulk of his "rookie" season.

I thought he would end up being the best player in the draft, but he was a very long term prospect.

I was wrong in one regard. :D

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
If you needed someone immediately, Staal was your guy. The Pens needed Staal immediately. Look at what he has done.

Long run? Who knows.

Yes, but no one actually expected he would even make the team out of camp, let alone be an impact player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->