If the Leafs sign Tavares, does he become captain?

Mar 26, 2010
Now that Lou has gone to the NYI there is no way he will allow JT to sign in Toronto. Lou will move mountains to make sure that Tavares is not a Leaf.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

Dash86

Jan 22, 2018
Matthews is not a franchise player. I think he showed his true colours in the Boston series. I do not believe this is Matthews' team at all.

Toronto needs to be all in on Tavares. He is a real Captain and leader.
So a few years ago when Crosby was held pointless against the Bruins in a series where the Prns were swept in four straight. Does that mean Crosby is not a franchise player. According to your logic it must. One bad series and you can not be a franchise player. Who cares if the year before you were he best player for the team in the playoffs. Who cares if you are the franchises best player since you were drafted. You have that one bad series and you cannot be a franchise player.....

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Matthews is not a franchise player. I think he showed his true colours in the Boston series. I do not believe this is Matthews' team at all.

WTF, I hope you're kidding.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Toronto 100% has to be all in on Tavares. He is only one who can save this team. We are in big trouble moving forward with Matthews if we think he is going to be Captain and a franchise player.

Tavares in, throw the "C" on his sweater and get on with it.

incredulous.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->