If the Habs defeat the Leafs, does Price is the Conn Smythe front runner?

Is he?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm one of the biggest Price supporters you'll find here - but still no. Kucherov and MacKinnon. Simply put - it's easier to notice offense, and they've scored tons so far. And Leaf's history of choking won't help the narrative for Price.

But he's solidly top 5 - probably #3 (though i didn't watch all the other series to say for sure).

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
If the Habs win the Cup, which they most definitely won’t, absolutely.

But who are we kidding? There’s no chance they win the Cup this year.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
You have to get at least to the SCF to win the Smythe, and preferably win the Cup. For Price to be frontrunner for the trophy, the Habs would need to be a likely SC finalist. They are not.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If the Habs win the Cup price wins no doubt, but let's be real let's say if we win this round we have like a 1% - 2% of winning the cup with 8 teams left.

So if the Habs win tonight I'm going say Price has a 1.5% chance of winning the Smythe.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Price is a great goalie, but Montreal's comeback has little to do with him or anyone else on his team. Swap out the Habs and put any other team in the league in their place, and this collapse still happens. It's just the way the Leafs are built.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Conn Smythe is basically a team award since you have to win the cup.

So I'd say he's pretty far down the list.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
LMAO.

Uh, no. McKinnon is running away with that one. Besides, you typically need to win the cup to get that award. And Montreal ain't even getting past the Leafs.

Good thing I asked if the Habs win against the the Leafs, right there in the title than.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Not even the leading goalie contender
CcrLjiX.png

Habs MVP though

Reactions: I am not exposed

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
No, the Habs have been a result of overall team play, with no one individual standing out.

Let's go with MacKinnon for the Conn Smythe.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
LMAO.

Uh, no. McKinnon is running away with that one. Besides, you typically need to win the cup to get that award. And Montreal ain't even getting past the Leafs.
Imagine getting taken to game 7 by the worst team to ever make the playoffs and be caught all over the forums all cocky about how they’re taking the series.

embarassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad