If the Coyotes design new unis would you prefer Kachina or Current logo as primary?

Which logo would you want as a Primary logo?

• Kachina

Votes: 62 91.2%
  • Howling Coyote

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
The brand is 15 years old at this point, and over that stretch of time the team has been in the news for all the wrong reasons. A rebrand helps suggest a new beginning, especially if it's part of the advent of a new owner or ownership group that is ostensibly dedicated to keeping this team in-state.
Going back to the old logo I get, but I don't think there's a need for yet another rebrand. Did the last one work ?

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Kachina Coyote has passed the test of time, and has time travelled. Still here, standing proud in our very little successes and our reccurring season battles. Still going strong. Very much us.

Kachina is this franchise. No idea why anyone would want a lame jumping Coyote to remain our identity.

Get rid and welcome back.

Reactions: RemoAZ

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Going back to the old logo I get, but I don't think there's a need for yet another rebrand. Did the last one work ?

I wouldn't call the last change a "rebrand" per se. The logo stayed the same, the colors stayed basically the same; it was just a "massaging" if you will of the current brand, and I'll bet you dollars to donuts that it was driven more by the jersey manufacturer than IceArizona (especially given that several other teams switched to the new color patterns at the time).

I love the Kachina logo - but I think that the version we have on the throwbacks needs to stay on the throwbacks. I think a "refreshed" version of it would be great for a rebranding, as long as it retains local flavor and idiosyncrasy and isn't turned into a lame knockoff. But I'd be more than fine getting rid of Canada red and white and going with something else, like copper/teal/black.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I wouldn't call the last change a "rebrand" per se. The logo stayed the same, the colors stayed basically the same; it was just a "massaging" if you will of the current brand, and I'll bet you dollars to donuts that it was driven more by the jersey manufacturer than IceArizona (especially given that several other teams switched to the new color patterns at the time).

I love the Kachina logo - but I think that the version we have on the throwbacks needs to stay on the throwbacks. I think a "refreshed" version of it would be great for a rebranding, as long as it retains local flavor and idiosyncrasy and isn't turned into a lame knockoff. But I'd be more than fine getting rid of Canada red and white and going with something else, like copper/teal/black.

Roadrunner jerseys with a Yotes logo..... no??

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

Yes like the Rattler's colors.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Agreed.

...but...

Our team identity needs to change if we get new ownership. Something brand new, something localized, something distinctive. Something to wash the taste of a decade plus of carpetbaggers in charge out of the mouth. Something that screams "ARIZONA!" rather than meekly whispering, "canada."
How about a big middle finger salute on our alternative jerseys. That screams Arizona.

Feb 12, 2003
I welcomed the change to the current jerseys when they were made. There was so much stink on the team and it felt like a new era with Gretzky and all of that. Little did I know that was the low point of the team, not the rebound.

I quickly found the new jerseys just so bland. I was excited when they announced a third jersey, but then I saw the leaping fox. I actually really like the third jersey in every way except the logo. I made a custom jersey using the third with the current howling logo and that is my preferred jersey.

It didn't take long of the old jerseys going away that I really grew to appreciate how unique and distinct they were. I have loved to see them return as the third jersey and really would have no issues if they were the permanent jersey.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It's funny how no one is really differentiating all that much between the pajama versions and the current team Canada knock offs. They are pretty different but still similar in their blandness :laugh:

I think these were quite stately myself, though still bland:
upload_2019-2-14_18-2-30.png

It's the 1.0 howling whites that were particularly bad.
upload_2019-2-14_18-3-47.jpeg

The 1.0 reds were awful too.

I wore my road (they were road back then) black jersey to basically every game I attended even after they changed in 03. They are clearly better. But I still don't hate the current ones they are just kinda boring.
If you get the proper made in Canada authentics (they aren't in the teamshop) they look quite good up close. I think they look worse on TV.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona

Not the best source obviously. Someone I’m friends with works somewhere that does business with the team. Who knows if they are talking out of their ass but kachina will be the branding moving forward.

I don’t know if the team will be creating new uniforms or just adopting the old ones. All I was told is kachina is the branding moving forward.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Not the best source obviously. Someone I’m friends with works somewhere that does business with the team. Who knows if they are talking out of their ass but kachina will be the branding moving forward.

I don’t know if the team will be creating new uniforms or just adopting the old ones. All I was told is kachina is the branding moving forward.
Be still my heart.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

This would be great. Hopefully it’s just the Kachina head as the primary, rather than the whole Kachina logo.

Reactions: Canis Latrans

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton

Hope this is true. I would buy a ton of Kachina merch if they sold it but pretty much everything still has the coyote head or the bland Arizona state outline logo on it.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Step 1: throwback kachina for home and away.

Step 2: A third jersey that incorporates copper, sand, and the sedona red into a kachina jersey pattern with a cool alternate logo (moon puck maybe).

Step 3: Every issue the franchise has ever had vanishes. It's discovered that Matthews actually met the cut off to be drafted a year earlier and is awarded to us for free. Toronto is awarded Laine, and Winnipeg gets nothing because of Blake Wheeler. A new, gorgeous, centrally located arena is built by our new quadrillionaire owner. Season tickets sell out for the next 50 years. Oel sprains his rotator cup from lifting the Stanley cup so many times. He recovers in time to lift it the next season.

Or we can just stick with the current team Canada inspired jerseys, here in the f***ing desert, and remain cursed. Your call yotes.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
This would be great. Hopefully it’s just the Kachina head as the primary, rather than the whole Kachina logo.
Don't care if it's just the head or the whole body, just really really REALLY hope this rumor is true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad