If the Coyotes design new unis would you prefer Kachina or Current logo as primary?

Which logo would you want as a Primary logo?

• Kachina

Votes: 62 91.2%
  • Howling Coyote

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
As far as colors, I would love to see a lot more of the tan and maybe some green as an accent color (since you can't have it touch the red) to go with the current sedona red and black. Also we need to slap the kachina style trim on the jerseys, pants, helmets, socks, mouthguards, Tyson Nash's ties, and anything else possible because it's so unique, so distinctly Arizona, and so good.

Kachina head logo on something like this with some kachina trim and crescent moon shoulder patches and I'm all in:

I like the logo.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Out of the two would take the Kachina but would prefer a total redesign. An angry coyote (I mean rabies angry) and add in a cacti. We need to get meaner.

Reactions: doaner

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Loved the originality of both the Kachina jersey and the green cactus. Thought the execution was lacking in both. The kachina head is one of the best logos in sports IMO. Would have liked more sand colour. Sadly I have no abilities to design / alter a design to what I think would work better.

Reactions: CLW

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
This shouldn't be scoffed at to be honest. It's easily the most identifiable parts of our location. How in the hell is a Saguaro not in a logo of ours? All we've had was the green jersey from way back
Those green jerseys with the cacti on them were the pinnacle of late 90s sports jersey aesthetics. If they brought them back I would wear the hell out of it.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I like both logos as long as it's just the heads; the rest of the kachina body is a bit too wonky and too many colors. The older leaping coyote alternate jersey logo is alright too, but the rest of the jersey didn't do much for me. Maybe just have multiple jerseys in the end. I'm less favorable to the A paw secondary and if I had my way we'd go back to being the Phoenix Coyotes.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
As far as colors, I would love to see a lot more of the tan and maybe some green as an accent color (since you can't have it touch the red) to go with the current sedona red and black. Also we need to slap the kachina style trim on the jerseys, pants, helmets, socks, mouthguards, Tyson Nash's ties, and anything else possible because it's so unique, so distinctly Arizona, and so good.

Kachina head logo on something like this with some kachina trim and crescent moon shoulder patches and I'm all in:
Fugly. Way too busy. The best unis in the league are clean.
I want the green Kachina head jersey as the home unis and pre-Barroway white coyote head as our away. The old green 3rd jersey is stunning and our very best. I like the Gretzky white jersey because it is a clean look, without distracting stripes, etc.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Kachina all the way.

Coyote head is the most generic logo possible. It is early 2000’s ownership begging to be let in the hockey club by going as non- offensive as possible. It is a copy cat - trying to be a cool kid by dressing like them.

Nuts to that. Embrace your campiness and uniquitude, and wear that green jersey with pride. More cacti and more pattern and more colors. Death to trying to be the red wings.

While we are at it, lose the organ (in the AZ and all points south). That is the dumbest relic of hockey culture. We can all sorts of live and recorded music.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Kachina all the way.

Coyote head is the most generic logo possible. It is early 2000’s ownership begging to be let in the hockey club by going as non- offensive as possible. It is a copy cat - trying to be a cool kid by dressing like them.

Nuts to that. Embrace your campiness and uniquitude, and wear that green jersey with pride. More cacti and more pattern and more colors. Death to trying to be the red wings.

While we are at it, lose the organ (in the AZ and all points south). That is the dumbest relic of hockey culture. We can all sorts of live and recorded music.

Pred fan with a soft spot for the 'Yotes here. This is exactly what we did while we were looking for our identity. We were never going to be Detroit so we fully embraced the southern college football atmosphere. I always liked the Kachina jerseys and hope you guys bring them back long term.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I've been trying to buy a kachina jersey from IceJerseys for awhile now but they're always sold out. I'm sure they didn't stock enough to begin with because they underestimated the popularity of that jersey. Hell even traditional market fans love that jersey, if you leave out nostalgia I wouldn't be surprised if it's the most popular design in the NHL.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
If we win the top pick, we’ve got to bring the Kachina to the draft.
I will personally drive from Maine to Vancouver and hand deliver a Kachina jersey to the Yotes if we win the top pick this year.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Appeal of the Kachina jersey is that it is worn infrequently - and it should stay that way. It's an amazing jersey that should be appreciated now and then, but it would lose its appeal if it was full-time.
Current logo is simple and classic/clean. Keep it.
I actually miss the 'running Coyote' thirds.....

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Appeal of the Kachina jersey is that it is worn infrequently - and it should stay that way. It's an amazing jersey that should be appreciated now and then, but it would lose its appeal if it was full-time.

Agreed.

...but...

Our team identity needs to change if we get new ownership. Something brand new, something localized, something distinctive. Something to wash the taste of a decade plus of carpetbaggers in charge out of the mouth. Something that screams "ARIZONA!" rather than meekly whispering, "canada."

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Agreed.

...but...

Our team identity needs to change if we get new ownership. Something brand new, something localized, something distinctive. Something to wash the taste of a decade plus of carpetbaggers in charge out of the mouth. Something that screams "ARIZONA!" rather than meekly whispering, "canada."
Why does the brand need to change yet again ? It's not the logo or jerseys that keep people from filling up the building...

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Why does the brand need to change yet again ? It's not the logo or jerseys that keep people from filling up the building...

The brand is 15 years old at this point, and over that stretch of time the team has been in the news for all the wrong reasons. A rebrand helps suggest a new beginning, especially if it's part of the advent of a new owner or ownership group that is ostensibly dedicated to keeping this team in-state.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Current logo is simple and classic/clean. Keep it.
I actually miss the 'running Coyote' thirds.....
I disagree completely. The appeal of the kachina is how great it looks, how unique it is, and how it fits with the location of our team. We should go full kachina, maybe keep the current home Jersey as a third. Or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad