If the Coyotes design new unis would you prefer Kachina or Current logo as primary?

Which logo would you want as a Primary logo?

• Kachina

Votes: 62 91.2%
  • Howling Coyote

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
86liul9vxxfapth3dt9z3cx6b.png

vs

7807_arizona_coyotes-primary-2015.png

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
I personally attribute the howling Coyote to the Gretzky era.. I don't know why. The Kachina logo to me will always be the Coyotes identity but maybe that's me? I dunno. I love the color scheme of the black/cactus green/sand way more than the drab red/white/black everything all AZ teams seem to be going with. We have so much more diversity in our ecosystem then that!

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Hard question for me. In terms of jersey... the kachina jersey is the best, imo. It's unique and looks good to me... agree that the other jersey color scheme is kinda played out not only in AZ but across NA. Red, white, black....so many teams use those colors.

I'm all for doing something different and fun. Teams should embrace that it's in AZ as much as possible. The current design isn't bad at all, but it's certainly not trying to be different or be exclusively an AZ thing.

Now, to the logos... both are solid, imo. I'd be happy with either one going forward.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I love the Kachina aesthetic. I think that the Mutts should either go with copper or something to do with the Arizona state flag if they're going to change their colors. Copper, black, and teal worked great for the Rattlers for a few years before they butchered their look - I think it'd look amazing on hockey sweaters.

The neo-Team Canada look that IceArizona gave us is better than the Gretzky-era rebrand, but not by much. Just makes us look all the more "rented" rather than "owned."

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Just the kachina head. Make a third somewhat like the sweater the full kachina is wearing using the crescent moon. Full body can be limited to a shoulder patch or something.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I always was a big fan of the Kachina. I agree with just the had, as the full logo is a bit too 'busy' on a shirt.

I don't like the howling coyote, way too 'cute' to be worn casually. For example, The Vegas Knight helmet can be worn by anybody, the coyote head not so much. I don't want to wear a cap with the coyote head, but the Vegas logo would be np, partly because it's both very clear and visible but it's also doesn't jump at you like the coyote head. The coyote head is a logo designed for kids imo.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm pretty happy with how things are right now. Variety. I might go one extra step and use the blacks for all home games instead of just "Kachina Saturday".

What I like about the old unis is more the pattern/design than the logo.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I vote for something like this (from google images)

- The dark kachina doesn't look good on TV, so swap out the black background for our red/maroon color
- Just dump the green all together to simplify the color scheme/pattern
- The logo colors are simplified too, using only a few colors instead of 5-6. Maybe tweak it a little so the logo isn't the same color as the background to make it pop better.
- As far as the below, I'd swap out the shoulder patches. Make one the moon logo (red not purple to match) and the other the current Coyote head logo.
- use a "Kachina" style font for the numbers
- small thing but just bump down the bottom band so everything's not all scrunched

d1TkAjb.png

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ

- The dark kachina doesn't look good on TV, so swap out the black background for our red/maroon color
- The logo colors are simplified too, using only a few colors instead of 5-6. Maybe tweak it a little so the logo isn't the same color as the background to make it pop better.
- As far as the below, I'd swap out the shoulder patches. Make one the moon logo (red not purple to match) and the other the current Coyote head logo.
- small thing but just bump down the bottom band so everything's not all scrunched

d1TkAjb.png

Sold.

Reactions: Lilhoody and kbay

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton

d1TkAjb.png
Needs more cacti

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
As far as colors, I would love to see a lot more of the tan and maybe some green as an accent color (since you can't have it touch the red) to go with the current sedona red and black. Also we need to slap the kachina style trim on the jerseys, pants, helmets, socks, mouthguards, Tyson Nash's ties, and anything else possible because it's so unique, so distinctly Arizona, and so good.

Kachina head logo on something like this with some kachina trim and crescent moon shoulder patches and I'm all in:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad