Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
JasonMacIsaac said:
OH MY OH MY

Have you ever heard of the damn word potential, some players have higher potential then others. I think Bergeron was allready a good player comming into camp but his potential doesn't even tough Staal, Horton, Vanek, ect. Gomez had a great first year and look how the rest of that draft are all cathcing up to him now.

Since when does potential rank ahead of NHL experience at the age of 18? Potential and a token will get you a ride on the subway...

Last edited:

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
DKH said:
Bergeron has been first star in 3 of the last eight Bruin home games- and plays like the put Barry Pederson, Adam Oates, and Ron Francis in a blender and mixed them up and what you have is Bergeron. I realize the NHL may not have the talent found in the WJC ;) but in my 38 years of going to anywhere from every home game to about half the last five or six years he's the most impressive rookie on the Bruins I've seen since Orr. Top 10 easy- where? thats the question. I'll say this though, the pro scouts spend more time talking and watching him than any other player on the ice. I have not seen many of the others but until they can do what he's doing he's in the single digits in this draft and towards the top.
more impressive that Bourque who was a first team allstar as a rookie? just asking

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Kryoptix said:
Getzlaf was IMO the worst player on the Burns-Carter-Getzlaf line ...
he didn't show any creativity with the puck and didn't use his size like he could .. not a top skater too ... he was OK at the WJC and that's a stretch IMO! I was hoping more from him ! especially on the 1st line!
and for Jessiman he wasn't on the USA WJC squad and that worry me a little bit ... especially when you are a first round pick ...
anyway IMO he's a project .. and he'll take some times to develop ..
still good potential (this is why i kept him 16)

I think Getz actually had a very good WJC and if there was a weak link on Canada's top line, then it was Burns taking a few stupid penalties. Other than that Carter and Getzlaf looked real good in all games I was at, even the final against the US.. What you comment about his skating and physical play I can't see how. You must have mixed up the numbers of the players on the team...

thestonedkoala

WhamBamCam8 said:
We shall see...

King and Hunter haven't put up any points in the last couple of games...

King has only 2 assists this month, hasn't scored a goal since November...This guy has really cooled off.

Hunter has only scored 1 goal in his last five games. Not bad for a rookie but I see him cooling down quickly too.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
thestonedkoala said:
King and Hunter haven't put up any points in the last couple of games...

King has only 2 assists this month, hasn't scored a goal since November...This guy has really cooled off.

Hunter has only scored 1 goal in his last five games. Not bad for a rookie but I see him cooling down quickly too.

bergeron has actually gotten stronger as the season has worn on....No wall hit....YET...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Vlad The Impaler said:
Well, you're taking it a bit out of context, I think. This isn't really about Bergeron not making the top 12 as you suggest. He's talking *with authority* about Bergeron being *drafted* TOP 5 and Stuart no later than 12th. That's a lot different, IMO. This isn't some rankings. It's some blind Bruins-addicted fan telling me with certainty where two players will be drafted with some pretty out of left field predictions.

Based on Bergeron now proving he can play in the NHL and hold his own *so far*, he has certainly greatly improved his stock and I'd think he would be drafted anywhere between 7 and 17. Where? I dunno. Am I even sure of that range? Nope. Won't pretend I do like that guy just to feel good. Not interested.

If you're asking me where *I rank him* compared to the rest of the 2003 draft class, I can tell you that as of january 8, it was 11th overall and rising. I update them roughly every two weeks. Stuart is 15th I think. He kicks ass and I've said so for over 13 months now. Bergeron is the surprise of the draft as far as I am concerned and I just love everything about that guy.

This is a great draft class. It makes everyone drool and perhaps some people are focusing on certain prospects. The reality is, so many of them have made strides that you cannot expect them to all move up, especially not *significantly up*. I look at amusement at people telling me this guy should move up, that guy should move up, this guy cannot move down when he's actually improved, but the reality is, that's what happens when everybody is great.

If people here actually go through each and every prospect, they'll see how atypical this year is. It's GOOD almost across the board. Then you'll see how tough it is to "move guys up". I've got guys on my list who have improved greatly and I have to move them DOWN. What can you do? It's mathematics. I look at it just as an indication of a very special year by the look of it so far.
I must apologize because I did read that after I posted- regardless I enjoy your comments; I agree about the draft, this looks like it will rival the 79 draft and I wouldn't be suprised if half the first rounders someday appear deservedly in an allstar game.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
JasonMacIsaac said:
OH MY OH MY

Have you ever heard of the damn word potential, some players have higher potential then others. I think Bergeron was allready a good player comming into camp but his potential doesn't even tough Staal, Horton, Vanek, ect. Gomez had a great first year and look how the rest of that draft are all cathcing up to him now.
The Broons caught a big break literally- because Bergeron sprouted some 2 inches the past 6 months and they along with every other team had no way of realizing he could process at the NHL speed where everyone is. They did there homework but so did alot of other teams and they are lying if they knew he'd grow to over 6 feet and be able to have the mind to be able to make decisions correctly over and over again at this level with little or no time to react. The pick is the definition of being good and lucky.

#37-#93-#27*

How far do people think Nigel Dawes would jump?

btw an update on Dawes post WJC:
http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php?postid=699442&postcount=1

Just wanted to give you a quick update on Nigel's weekend...

He joined the team in Swift Current on Friday after driving from Winnipeg that day - the ICE beat the Bronco's 4-2 with Dawes netting 2 goals.

Sat. in Medicine Hat, the ICE lost 7-5 in shootout but Dawes still managed to pick up another couple goals and an assist.

Tonight, in Lethbridge, Dawes scores 3 and add's an assist for a 4-2 win against the Hurricanes.

Team sounds to be playing great and Nigel sure hasn't had a let down since tying for the tournament lead in scoring at this years WJC.

Last three games: 7 goals, 2 assists

Overall (30 games): 33 goals, 11 assists
:handclap:

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
canucksfan said:
Here's my top 10

1.Fleury
2.Staal
3.Horton
4.Zherdev
5.Phaneuf
6.Carter
7.Suter
8.Michalek
9.Stewart
10.Coburn

Parise is being under estimated again. I said for a couple years now how those who passed on him will come to regret it again and again...

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Im kinda surprised to see Fehr dropping on quite a few lists...yes the Caps may have picked him to early last season but he's putting up some impressive stats this season. 30 goals in 44 games...14 PP goals....4 shot handed goals...6 game winning goals. +17 on the season...even has 84 pims! I dont think he would drop any lowwer than 18....if anything he would go up a few spots.

thestonedkoala

MePutPuckInNet said:
Does anyone believe Brent Burns has proved he earned his spot as a first rounder at #20? :madfire: ....that still pisses me off......

Don't know, I mean the Wild like to gamble on players, but they don't give them much time on the ice. Burns was injured then went to the WJC, so that has also cut down on his playing time.

I would say early-to-mid second rounder with O'Sullivan coming up.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
jincargo said:
Im kinda surprised to see Fehr dropping on quite a few lists...yes the Caps may have picked him to early last season but he's putting up some impressive stats this season. 30 goals in 44 games...14 PP goals....4 shot handed goals...6 game winning goals. +17 on the season...even has 84 pims! I dont think he would drop any lowwer than 18....if anything he would go up a few spots.

So who exactly IS going to go down when 25 guys would supposedly be drafted higher?

Or is there some new mathematical scheme out there allowing everybody to go up?

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
DKH said:
I must apologize because I did read that after I posted- regardless I enjoy your comments; I agree about the draft, this looks like it will rival the 79 draft and I wouldn't be suprised if half the first rounders someday appear deservedly in an allstar game.

I don't see what you have to apologize about!

This indeed looks like a pretty special draft. Even the guys who are disappointing a bit so far this season still look enticing in so many respects, IMO!

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
well , the way i see it.. after lots of good reflexion time :D .. I think that kostitsyn could drop .. (Prospect POV)
but if the habs had to make their pick again ... they'll pick him again anyway ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->