If Seattle was entering next year, what player do you give up?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Dadonov and Hoffman for a 4th.

If same rules apply 7/3/1 or 4/4/1

I would protect:
Barkov, Huberdeau, Dadonov, Hoffman, Borgstrom, Tippett, Trocheck
Yandle, don't care.
Don't care

I would give them Ekblad and a Thank you card.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
For the Maple Leafs, I think Zaitsev.

People will say Brown or Hymen, and like to shat on these 2, but I personally really value the work ethic and versatility they bring to our line up. Not to mention their PK skill and the fact that they are hometown boys that play with pride

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Jackets will be faced with likely losing David Savard, a 2nd/3rd line forward, or Korpisalo (if Bob stays).

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Doesn't matter for the Hawks. Anybody who is worth anything is exempt. And a bunch of players you'd love to move have NMC's.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Best option would be to pay them to take Lucic and place Sekera on LTIR, but that's unlikely, so it would probably be something like this:

Protect:
McDavid, Lucic (NMC), Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins, Sekera (NMC), Larsson (NTC), Russell (NMC), Klefbom or Nurse and one goalie (both are pending UFA's at the moment though). If Sekera can go LTIR then we can protect a pile of other forwards -

Which would mean we would lose one of Nurse or Klefbom. If we can LTIR Sekera then we can keep both and lose Pulujarvi, Cagguila or Spooner.

Chiarelli has sure made a mess of this one.

For the Maple Leafs, I think Zaitsev.

People will say Brown or Hymen, and like to shat on these 2, but I personally really value the work ethic and versatility they bring to our line up. Not to mention their PK skill and the fact that they are hometown boys that play with pride

Seattle taking Zaitsev is nearly as likely as them taking Lucic. Dubas will have to pay them to do it.

Reactions: BernieParent

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Don't think they are in a similar category, personally. Clear differences in age, salary, position, skating, etc
They most definitely are. Zaitsev is up there for one of the most overpaid contracts currently in the league. Seattle definitely won't be jumping at the chance to grab Zaitsev.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
They most definitely are. Zaitsev is up there for one of the most overpaid contracts currently in the league. Seattle definitely won't be jumping at the chance to grab Zaitsev.

Overpaid, I agree, but not by much. Same category as Lucic? No way. Agree to disagree I guess

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Don't think they are in a similar category, personally. Clear differences in age, salary, position, skating, etc
But the similarities lie in very important aspects - neither are worth a fraction of their contract, both are paid hefty sums to be more than bottom liners but aren't. Why would Seattle take that when there will be useful NHL'ers on decent salaries available?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The main players available from TOR would be Garret Sparks, Zach Hyman, Connor Brown, Nikita Zaitsev, and... Calle Rosen?

I could see SEA taking Sparks. If Ken Holland is the GM, it might be Brown or Zaitsev.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
:pens:

Brian Rust
Jack Johnson
Tristan Jarry

Are probably selections from each position that I would be most okay with leaving available. Despite the fact that I like Rust, he may have lost his scoring touch (it was always kind of touch-and-go to begin with).

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Protect
Parise (NMC)
Koivu (NMC)
Zucker
Granlund
Suter (NMC)
Spurgeon
Dumba
Brodin
Dubnyk

Exposed
Nino
Coyle
Pateryn
Foligno

Exempt
Greenway
Eriksson Ek
Kunin
Kahkonen

UFA
Staal

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
The Sens are easy:
Duchene*
Stone*
Dzingel*
Tierney
Pageau
Boedker
Smith (?)
-------
Ceci
DeMelo
Harpur
---------
Anderson

Exposed:
Ryan
Condon
Paajarvi
Paul
Gaborik
Borowiecki
Falk
McCormick
Pyatt
Rodewald
Carey
Lindberg
Balisy
Gagne
Tambellini

Exempt:
Tkachuk
White
Batherson
Chabot
Lajoie
Jaros
Wolanin
Chlapik
Brown
Balcers
Formenton
Gustavsson
Hogberg
etc.

I bet they would take Borowiecki lol.

Dadonov and Hoffman for a 4th.

If same rules apply 7/3/1 or 4/4/1

I would protect:
Barkov, Huberdeau, Dadonov, Hoffman, Borgstrom, Tippett, Trocheck
Yandle, don't care.
Don't care

I would give them Ekblad and a Thank you card.

Borgstrom + Tippett would not need to be protected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->