If Schremp were Canadian

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Would Robbie Schremp make this years team Canada if he was Canadian? If so what line would he be on?

I would love to see him and Perry on the PP together like in London. These two are dynamite together. Perry behind the net and Schremp on his off wing ... bada bing bada boom and its in the net.

If he were on the team i'd put him on a line with Getzlaf and Carter, he's not 4th line material, they wouldn't break up the first line. He would look amazing w/ Crosby and Bergeron but I think Carter and Getzlaf would be a better fit.

Also if were on the team, he'd take Ladd off, he shouldn't be there to begin with :dunno:

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
trahans99 said:
Would Robbie Schremp make this years team Canada if he was Canadian? If so what line would he be on?

I would love to see him and Perry on the PP together like in London. These two are dynamite together. Perry behind the net and Schremp on his off wing ... bada bing bada boom and its in the net.

If he were on the team i'd put him on a line with Getzlaf and Carter, he's not 4th line material, they wouldn't break up the first line. He would look amazing w/ Crosby and Bergeron but I think Carter and Getzlaf would be a better fit.

Also if were on the team, he'd take Ladd off, he shouldn't be there to begin with :dunno:
If Perry is a 13th foward on this team then Schremp doesnt make this team.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
trahans99 said:

Ladd is a different style of player then Schremp.. Ladd is a more defensive type of player then Schremp is... And to be honest with you i think Schremp would of been one of the first player's to get cut if he was canadian...

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
It's tough to say and it depends on the coaching staff really and what they are thinking when developing a team.

Based on talent? I would definitely want Schremp on team Canada.

Would he have made it? Well Eric Fehr is definitely not short of talent either and he was cut.

It's to tough to say really, but to give you an answer, if I was running team Canada, Schremp would be a welcome addition to my team.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
jcpenny said:
If Perry is a 13th foward on this team then Schremp doesnt make this team.

I agree. Actually, it looks like Schremp and Perry might be used in a similar fashion on their respective teams.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
trahans99 said:

Well, when Eric Fehr has 31 goals in 31 games in WHL and Ryan Stone who has led the WHL in scoring for all of this season, both get cut I don't think Robbie Schremps chances would have been very good. To add to that there are guys like Picard, Pouliot, Brule, McGrath, Wolski, etc. who didn't get a sniff for this team. There isn't but one forward under the age of 19 on the team and of course that's none other than Mr. Crosby.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Bergeron47 said:
PP:

Perry-Schremp-Crosby
How would that line be any better then having Bergeron centering those two?
Bergeron's definitly a better player then Schremp and he showed it last night.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
canucksfan said:
I dont think he would have made it. Perry is better than Schremp and hes the 13th forward.

Schremp is a +11 which is pretty good if he wasn't on the London Knights. Perry is +30. Schremp would not be one of the first cut. He wouldn't have gotten invited to camp. That being said he's a very dangerous member of the US team and in one game...

RoyIsALegend*

I'm Canadian, and I watch OHL hockey all the time with my Rogers pack, and I can easily say that Robbie Schremp, attitude and ego aside, is a better hockey player than Corey Perry.

Two very different players, but I'll take Schremp, thank you very much.

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Tough call, I really like Schremp's offensive game, but his defensive game would need some working on. I'm not sure if he would make it on Sutter's team because they already have a offensive star centre in Crosby. He would not likely be able to beat out guys like Carter + Getzlaf because of their size and defensive + offensive comb (though IMO Schremp has a much higher upside offensively).Mike Richards also has a much more developed all around game as well, so it would be tough for Schremp to make it on on this Team. If he were to play wing I would say he would have much better chance.

GXL

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
This year? No. The team is just too deep.

Next year, on the other hand, he would be a very, very welcomed addition.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
He would have not cracked the Team Canada line up this year but next year I think would be a different story with a lot of players not returning.

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
DaaaaB's said:
How would that line be any better then having Bergeron centering those two?
Bergeron's definitly a better player then Schremp and he showed it last night.
He was talking about the powerplay, where Perry and Schremp have amazing chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->