If Pens and Preds rematch in finals

Outcome

• Total voters

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Depends what teams do at the trade deadline. If the pens get that 3rd line Center is favour them but if the preds get Nash I would lean towards them.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
who has home ice? pens would easily win all their home games unless nashville started saros or w.e.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Still wouldn't bet against the pens - they would get Letang in this series which would help immensely in the puck moving area from the back end.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Unless Saros takes over, all the Pens have to do is win one road game against the Preds, Rinne can't win in Pitt.

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
Still wouldn't bet against the pens - they would get Letang in this series which would help immensely in the puck moving area from the back end.

The preds would also have two legitimate top six centers that they didn't have last year. The only thing worth carrying over from last year would be Rinne's mental block on the road.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Penguins were also missing Letang, Bonino (after game 2).

It would be a coinflip in game 7, with both teams winning home until game 7 where anything can happen..team with home ice most likely wins that game 7.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Nashville would have Johansen-Turris in the middle, which would be a massive help on their F group.

I'd like Nashville in 6 today.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Pens in 7.

But - just like in the Tampa/Pitt thread i just commented on, it's more about giving Pittsburgh the respect they deserve for all the matchups they won in the past 2 years. anything can happen on the ice. Both are very strong rosters (Nashville arguably is better on paper).

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Preds look a lot better than last season. It would be a 7 game series for sure, but with the Preds' defense and newly acquired centers, I have them winning 4/7 games.

Quick question... Has there have been a player that has won back-to-back cups on different teams? If not, Bonino could do that if the Preds wins.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I highly doubt any of the the Pens' big 3 declined this year compare to last, if anything the biggest question mark for the Pens would be Matt Murray, the guy just hasn't look as dominant this year.

Murray's dad passed away about a month ago from what sounds like a lingering illness. I believe it affected his play for much of the first half.

Since Murray's returned from his dad's funeral, he's been playing like the old Murray.

Reactions: Hockeygod66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad