OT: If only the NHL used the NBA lottery numbers....

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Since both leagues have 14 non playoff teams....

The NBA has the top 3 picks up for grabs in the lottery then everyone sorts based on order after that.

The lottery winners were :

1. Cleveland (seeded #3)
2. Orlando (seeded #1)
3. Washington (seeded #8)

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Since both leagues have 14 non playoff teams....

The NBA has the top 3 picks up for grabs in the lottery then everyone sorts based on order after that.

The lottery winners were :

1. Cleveland (seeded #3)
2. Orlando (seeded #1)
3. Washington (seeded #8)
It wouldn't have mattered if they had only used their numbers, they would have had to change the rules of the lottery too. Everything outside of the first team drawn is irrelevant in the NHL system.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
It wouldn't have mattered if they had only used their numbers, they would have had to change the rules of the lottery too. Everything outside of the first team drawn is irrelevant in the NHL system.

I think what he's trying to say is that we'd be picking number 3 if we used the NBA's system. Which is completely irrelevant since
1 we don't
2 even if we did there is no saying the lottery balls would have come out the same on a completely different day and completely different system

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I think he's saying that obviously this means the draft lottery was rigged against Buffalo. F'realz. I mean, also Gary Bettman looks like a mole.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Why reinvent the wheel---why not just adopt the NBA formula. Both leagues have 14 non playoff teams...this isnt rocket science.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I'm just glad Cleveland won the NBA lotto. I'm a Knicks fan, but I'd like to see Cleveland build a great team around Irving.

The NBA has a better lottery system because multiple teams can move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad