If NOT Wright, who should MTL consider 1st?

If NOT interested in Wright, who should MTL consider next?

• Nemec

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Jiricek

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Kemell

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Slafkovsky

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Cooley

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Savoy

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
There's still a ''high information'' event yet to take place with 3 prospects who should be considered playing. The habs should consider Cooley, Slafkovsky, Jiricek, and Nemec.

Reactions: jaffy27

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Give me le petit gars de chez nous (or at least has the correct name for it)

Matthew Savoie

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Without a doubt Cooley - he’ll need 1-2 years in NCAA (standard operating practice like Caufield, Zegras, Makar etc.)

I really like his upside

The other question to be asked: do Habs find a way to land NJD 2OA pick? Is there a deal to be had?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yea. I can't imagine picking Slaf 1st overall with the Liiga production he had. I also don't think the offensively-starved habs would want to pick a dman over a forward.

Habs are defense starved too. Yeah yeah, we have plenty Ds coming in, but none scream #1D or even top pairing.

Without a doubt Cooley - he’ll need 1-2 years in NCAA (standard operating practice like Caufield, Zegras, Makar etc.)

I really like his upside

The other question to be asked: do Habs find a way to land NJD 2OA pick? Is there a deal to be had?

We have nothing to give that they would truly want, worth that pick.

Reactions: jrom

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Habs are defense starved too. Yeah yeah, we have plenty Ds coming in, but none scream #1D or even top pairing.

We have nothing to give that they would truly want, worth that pick.

Yeah, especially with Nemec (whose draft year statistical comps range from hall of famer to 1B/2 D-man) and Jiricek (who seems to generate rave reviews).

But I really don't know, and the worlds can change opinions.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
If not Wright, I'd take one of the defenseman. Nemec's passing/skating would open up the offense and is definitely something lacking. Jiricek's offense would certainly be an addition especially on the power play. Plus he's a little nuts and I like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad