If no season

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Hopefully the season is cancelled during the play-in. Maybe they just don’t award that pick and everyone moves up a slot. Lol angles always angles

Dead Thing

Jun 24, 2018
If there are no playoffs, the league, to have any creditability, will HAVE to redo the draft. Standings will be based on winning percentage of each teams first 69 games(the lowest common number of games played). As per usual, bottom 15 teams are entered in the draft with the Wings(having finished last) given the best chance(18.5%) to grab the #1 pick down to whatever miniscule chance the 15th. raked team would have. However, given this is such a special year, the draft would too have to be altered to reflect this. Instead of the usual three chances for the nonplayoff teams to move up in the draft, this year there would only be ONE team to move, meaning the Wings can pick no worse than 2nd.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
oh oh we could do a shootout tournament to determine the pick order with laser puck graphics and dock emerick play by play DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES a waffle board that knifes into the net

They have to shoot at least 6 feet in front of the goalie to respect social distancing.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
If there are no playoffs, the league, to have any creditability, will HAVE to redo the draft. Standings will be based on winning percentage of each teams first 69 games(the lowest common number of games played). As per usual, bottom 15 teams are entered in the draft with the Wings(having finished last) given the best chance(18.5%) to grab the #1 pick down to whatever miniscule chance the 15th. raked team would have. However, given this is such a special year, the draft would too have to be altered to reflect this. Instead of the usual three chances for the nonplayoff teams to move up in the draft, this year there would only be ONE team to move, meaning the Wings can pick no worse than 2nd.

Or they will just take by percentage who was in the 8th spot and give them the pick like would have happened in a normal lottery.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

They have already decided that if the playoffs are cancelled, they will just use the next 8 teams that weren't making the playoffs and put all of them into a lottery for the 1st overall. The draft lottery will not be re-done.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
We are firmly in uncharted territory. We have no idea how this will go or what they will do.

Living through a historical event sucks.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
The only fair thing would be to just dole them out arbitrarily somehow, like I dunno, just give the picks out in reverse alphabetical order of GMs' names or something weird like that.
*Columbus quietly cut and pasting the word associate from Bill Zito and affixing to Jarmo*

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
We are firmly in uncharted territory. We have no idea how this will go or what they will do.

Living through a historical event sucks.

Yeah, I'm getting sick of these "once in a lifetime events" happening in my lifetime.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah, I'm getting sick of these "once in a lifetime events" happening in my lifetime.

Let's review:

Pandemic
Calvin Johnson early retirement
Financial depression
Red Wings not winning the lottery
Terrorism

Pretty sure we just need a global war before we can punch the final bingo square.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Just like Caps or Blues (what!?) winning a Stanley Cup.

The Wings went 42 years between championships until 1997.

If that were to happen again, we can expect another title in 2050. What do you guys think parades will look like with floating cars? Will we have an NHL team on Mars? How many of our fans will be replicants by then?

BladeRunnerRoyBattySpeech.jpeg

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. The Wings winning the Stanley Cup. I watched McCarty deke in the crease of the Hextall Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Reactions: PullHard and Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->