Speculation: If Kronwall goes down....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
What if (insert Detroit Red Wings player) gets hurt...

36762.gif

...Oh my God.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Kronwall has missed five games in two years.

True, but before that e.g

2010/01/26 Missed 30 games (sprained left MCL).
2009/11/22 Sprained left MCL, sidelined indefinitely.

2008/02/28 Missed 13 games (sprained shoulder).
2008/01/31 Sprained shoulder, day-to-day.

2006/12/16 Missed 6 games (groin).
2006/12/02 Groin, day-to-day.

2006/02/01 Missed 52 games (knee injury).
2005/09/28 Knee injury, early February.

2004/05/04 Missed the last 33 games of the regular season, all 6 games of Round One against the Nashville Predators and all 6 games of Round Two against the Calgary Flames (broken right leg).
2004/01/22 Broken right leg, late March.

These are just the injuries that made him miss 6+ games

Broken legs, torn ACL, sprained MCL etc no small stuff

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
You still need to win the lottery. Rules have changed for this year, so even the 17th ranked team (just missed the playoffs) can win it and get 1st overall (can move up unlimited spots that is)

Jones might not go 1st, IMO most of the perennial bottom dwellers would choose Mackinnon if they had the 1st overall

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
You still need to win the lottery. Rules have changed for this year, so even the 17th ranked team (just missed the playoffs) can win it and get 1st overall (can move up unlimited spots that is)

Can you imagine the conspiracy theories among non-Wings fans if Detroit finishes 9th in the West and still wins the lottery for the 1st overall pick? We'd have hockey's version of the NY Knicks/Patrick Ewing frozen envelope- it would be fantastic!

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Can you imagine the conspiracy theories among non-Wings fans if Detroit finishes 9th in the West and still wins the lottery for the 1st overall pick? We'd have hockey's version of the NY Knicks/Patrick Ewing frozen envelope- it would be fantastic!

:yo:

Someone did the percentages, but I forgot them now, If you finish last you get like a 33% chance of winning it IIRC

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

It's still weighted heavily to those last spots teams.

CloneHakanPlease*

Given his injury history, and the fact that he's the only real solid NHL defenseman, would this team implode (even more so than with him)??

Would trades or anything happen? Would Ericsson be detroits #1 D then? :cry:

I would actually prefer this outcome, as at least then management would then see the writing on the wall. In my eyes the worst case scenario is us barely squeezing in to the 6th-8th seed and getting out in 5 games again and hearing the old Ken Holland Rhetoric "every team has a chance" as we lose game 5 9-0 to Vancouver.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Watch out I got full-on flamed for asking this one time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad