If John Davidson takes Blues GM job...

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
JD loves his job. He lives in Westchester County and seems to enjoy it. Why would he want to move to Missouri?

HVPOLARBEARS19

Nov 17, 2005
NY
I love JD and Sam Rosen and hope he doesn't go to the Blues, but if he does I'll have to start rooting for the Blues a bit.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

lemieux32*

Whether JD comes to the Blues or not I just like seeing all of you Ranger fans getting all worked up about it.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
RangerBoy said:
In 1975!!!!!!!!!
You would be shocked at the number of ex-NHL hockey players who call the St. Louis area home. And I'm not talking about "oh, he played 3 games in the NHL, he's an ex-NHL player" guys. Totally and completely shocked.

It's a slower pace of life, a lower cost of living, and a lot of very good school systems - those things that adults look for when they have kids and want a good place to live.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Irish Blues said:
You would be shocked at the number of ex-NHL hockey players who call the St. Louis area home. And I'm not talking about "oh, he played 3 games in the NHL, he's an ex-NHL player" guys. Totally and completely shocked.

It's a slower pace of life, a lower cost of living, and a lot of very good school systems - those things that adults look for when they have kids and want a good place to live.
Dallas is home to most every player that ever played here. Why? Year round golf.

Xega

Feb 27, 2004
Joe Dumars took the Pistons over soon after he retired and within a couple of years he turned them into a championship team. Sure he can't draft worth a damn, but he did a great job of trading players to get the starting five.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Troy McClure said:
Dallas is home to most every player that ever played here. Why? Year round golf.
I stand behind my comment about St. Louis and the number of ex-NHL players. I didn't say anything about how many there were in other cities, just pointing out why a lot of NHL'ers live in St. Louis after they finish their careers.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
I took some points from a Rangers fansite....

-JD has been offered Gm jobs before.
-Any salary would be matched to keep him in NY, it could just be leverage for some more money.
-The Rangers are finally turning the corner when St Louis is just becoming a mess now.
-He is a few years away from getting his jersey retired.If he leaves now, that won't happen.
-Everyone in NY loves him, its the best city in the world, and he geniunely loves it.

I don't think he's leaving.

Coins

Feb 13, 2005
St. Louis
From Andy Strickland:

There shouldn’t be a concern as to whether or not the Blues can afford to hire the games best broadcaster John Davidson. I’m hearing Davidson will be offered an equity position with the club, which could be extremely difficult for him to turn down.

Heres the entire entry!

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Jersey Ceremony

NYRangers said:
I took some points from a Rangers fansite....

-JD has been offered Gm jobs before.
-Any salary would be matched to keep him in NY, it could just be leverage for some more money.
-The Rangers are finally turning the corner when St Louis is just becoming a mess now.
-He is a few years away from getting his jersey retired.If he leaves now, that won't happen.
-Everyone in NY loves him, its the best city in the world, and he geniunely loves it.

I don't think he's leaving.

JD will not get his number retired. Unlike other organizations, the New York Rangers have not retired numbers frequently. Actually, they are an original six team w/ only two numbers (Giacomin & Gilbert) retired prior to the 94 Cup crew. With the addition of Richter, Mess, Leetch (after retirement) and possibly Graves, that's it. JD's time for a ceremony has passed, and deservedly so.

lemieux32*

RangerBoy said:
Which is what?Talk to season ticket holders and corporate sponsors.That is not J.D.John is a hockey guy.Not a business guy :shakehead

Wow, you really love to constantly prove that your love of the Rangers supercedes any rational or intelligent thought.

Vodka Drunkenski

Nov 24, 2005
New Jersey
If he leaves, then good for him. It would be a great opportunity. As much as I love the Sam & JD tandem, I would be happy to see JD take over a team. He seems to have great knowledge of the game and I would love to see him succeed in St. Louis.

Maloney would take over his spot for sure. He's done a great job this season filling in for JD a couple of times. Let's just pray it's not Mike Crispino.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I think there's something to be said about building a team (basically) from the ground up in St. Louis. Whether he is qualified to do it or not is another question, but if the Blues offer him the job, I have a hard time believing he will turn it down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->