If i were the owners, i would cancel the season!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayne

Feb 27, 2003
ontario
Visit site
CRUSH them CRUSH them CRUSH!!!
All i here is the players whining, i here players aren't used to carrying there own bags, and the long bus trips and the small accomidations and how Bettman screwed it up by expansion( that "expansion" created jobs and drove up salaries for the talented players who were in short supply Draper!!)

The owners should cancel the season, and sit on the offer until this time next year, i am sick of the players, Belak was on the radio, he makes $800 a week and says he is taking someone job overseas because he might lose his job to a AHL next year. DUH! you made a million bucks this year but you don't tell Goodenow that the players should make a deal, the players are sheep.

If i were the owners, i would reduce rosters by three, i would set a salary cap (hard) and i would tell the players to stay in Europe of the "A" or the east coast if they don't like it.

The players are the game and i think some of the most respectable people in all of sports but the owners sign the checks, they have all the risks and should be allowed to make a ROI.

I am a fan of an NHL franchise, always will be , i follow the players on my favorite team at any given time, but the players change the team does not.

Goodenow and the players did not read this situation properly and i blame them for this lost season, i truly beleive that if the players acknowledge the linkage between revenues and players salaries, they could have gotten a much better deal in Septmebr then now or in the future, i also think the the game has been damaged and may not recover fully.

The players made a lilling for the last 10 years, it is time to correct the business and an average salary of 1.3 million and guarenteed contracts is very fair.

CRUSH them, i will be waiting for the return of HOCKEY, in whatever form it may be.

The players are the product but the game is more important then any one player.

Thanks for letting me rant, your thought are encouraged whether you support me or not!!

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
If you, or anyone else calling for a cap, is a Leaf fan you must know one thing. Your team will be torn apart if there's a cap. No more cup contender Leafs. You think the whole team takes paycuts so the Leafs 60-something million payroll can be cut by 1/3 or more? Sorry, Leaf fans but you better hope for a luxury tax. These high-priced teams would be screwed with a cap in place because a ton of guys would have to be outright cut because of their salaries and even what they rollback will be too hard to afford for others so the UFA market will get flooded and the teams talent will be evenly distributed. Unfortunately, I don't like the cap for this reason, there are many less positions than in the NFL so losing a fave player will be a lot more noticeable and difficult to deal with in the NFL. Think of how tough it will be to keep stars under a cap and how much more simple it would be with a luxury tax.

Owners are crying poor and if you're educated enough to know the situation for the NHL's labour history and you'll see how untrustworthy most owners really are. Now, the true a-holes are Wirtz and Jacobs but there are many more. There are some idiot owners, but unfortunately many more idiot GMs who helped make these signings that got things to this point. Players do ***** about their million dollar salaries, but owners are more pitiful in my book. Just read a little, books like Net Worth and this recent one Money Players and get back to me.

Bettman is telling everyone the cap is necessary and lots fans are buying it hook-line and sinker because they're desperate to get their hockey back and are whining about as much the players. I am positive many who champion a cap to return hockey will complain about it when stars leave town and fall into the laps of teams with cap room. Every team gets an equal shot at stars depending on how well they run their business. But the fact that salaries are capped will lead to greed on the owner's side this time around and they will charge ridiculous prices still, knowing they can profit like mad. But do people ever notice this and bemoan the filthy rich owners winning off an unbalanced system? No. The players on the ice get the heat and the blame for everything.

Do people realize that players are to blame only to a certain extent? Don't people see how teams in recent years have suffered? Not mostly because of high prices but because of incompetent managing and/or ownership: Calgary, Montreal, NY Isles, Boston, Chicago, Florida, Buffalo, NY Rangers, etc. But I hate it too. I've got bad news for you people out there; this isn't as simple as we'd like it to be and sometimes life is just damn unfair. I feel for fans who say they miss the game and their kids miss it, blah blah, everyone is sad and crying and it's touching and all. But that's life... Let's put it all into perspective.

Last edited:

I.am.ca

Hab-a-maniac said:
If you, or anyone else calling for a cap, is a Leaf fan you must know one thing. Your team will be torn apart if there's a cap. No more cup contender Leafs. You think the whole team takes paycuts so the Leafs 60-something million payroll can be cut by 1/3 or more? Sorry, Leaf fans but you better hope for a luxury tax. These high-priced teams would be screwed with a cap in place because a ton of guys would have to be outright cut because of their salaries and even what they rollback will be too hard to afford for others so the UFA market will get flooded and the teams talent will be evenly distributed. Unfortunately, I don't like the cap for this reason, there are many less positions than in the NFL so losing a fave player will be a lot more noticeable and difficult to deal with.

Toronto gets screwed? I'm all for it...anytime the leafs have a chance of getting screwed, tell me where to sign and send the cheque for my support and donation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->