If I watched every regular season game, what is the best year of the NHL?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
'81-'82, a player broke a 21 year old goal scoring record, scored 50 goals in 39 games and ended up scoring 92 goals!!!

But yeah '92-'93 was pretty awesome as well.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
1992-93 my friend!

Eric Lindros took the NHL by storm in his rookie year.
Teemue scored 76 goals as a rookie smashing Bossy's record!
Young Pavel Bure was breaking out in the northwest
Mario and that Pens team were must see tv
Wayno came back from a short season to lead the Kings to the finals

21 players cracked the 100 point mark. Teams were aggressive in trying to score rather than cautious like they are today. I HATE CAUTIOUS HOCKEY!!!:rant:

Just a fun, glory filled season.

I believe you're missing a key event

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
1995-96 was probably my favourite season. Entering a defensive and tight-checking era of hockey, but still the possibility of goals galore. A brilliant Red Wings team featuring the Russian 5, a stacked Avs team, Mario tearing it up after his year long sabbatical. That was Winnipeg 1.0's final year as well, so I remember savouring all of their games whenever I watched them.

1995-96 is definitely the season I get most nostalgic about.

Caged Great

Jan 1, 2007
Calgary
92-93 was awesome not only in the regular season, but then you get to see Patrick Roy go into Goalie God mode throughout the playoffs and wills his team to the cup. It is the only time in NHL history that I can think of where a single player had as much of an impact on his team winning as Roy that year. Won something like 11 games in OT that year. Unbeatable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad