IF Hawks make the play-offs, Hawks will win the Cup

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I was going to say no, but I just watched the Demetri Martin special on Netflix, so....

Nope.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The answered question posed as the topic ofvthisxthread is frankly DELUSIONAL..

Going back over the last 5 games to the Florida game just before the All-Star break and since coming back from the break in the 4 games thereafter,Hawks met this playoff race challenge with a 1 win(in a shoot-out) 2 loss and 2 loser points in OTL record.

No full 60 efforts...stars not starring...

Too much Fail.

Neitherprovong themselves soludcenough on the eye test nor thecscoreboard.

This moni 5 game challenge that was squandered proves that even If by miracle they managed to squeak in(which seems unlikely given this 5 game challenge Fail) , therecis no way this team gets past round 1 ...no way...just not good enough.

What would it take?

Turnaround for the PP....fat chance!

Turnaround for D-Cat to live upto expectation of production...see zero evidence he is coming out of season long poir pkay.

Stars being stars...Toews Kane ....faikedcover last 5 games when it was most important to star big..Did not produce to $21 million...

Keith returning to his prime ...just not happening.. he does not do much offe siveky anymore and defensively he has been really bad in my opinion in the last 3 games especially...be is showing his age...very s erage now if not below average for time on ice...whichbus why too high for his age..

Get the rose coloured glasses off ...this team is not even bubble worthy...It is what it is...deeply flawed..not enough difference-making talent...relying on goalies to bail them out and when they crack and cannot preserve leads or when the team in front of them does not do enough to defend for them ,then the flaws are revealedxin all their horror.

This team is litterycworthy more than wildcard worthy and even if teams ahead of them nosedive to let Hawks sneak in so somehow they just will be out quickly when it gets even tougher and more intense se in playoff games

Be Realistic...not Deluskonal.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I think the last 3 games where the Hawks had 6 points IN HAND and came away with 2 sealed their fate for this season. They may make some noise here and there but will miss the playoff-again.

I don't quite understand how these games slip away with the veterans they have? Keith, Kane, Toews and Crow can't deliver the message?

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Horse**** D and too many young guys in key spots, gets the older guys running around to cover. Just not a very good team. If Crow and Lehner hadn't played this well, Hawks would be closer to Detroit than a playoff spot.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
giphy.gif

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
The Hawks have got way above average goaltending all season. That has masked other problems on the roster.

now that the intensity of the games have ramped up its clear this team can’t match the top teams in the league (the true playoff teams).

It seems like a playoff appearance is not worth the drop in the draft.

Reactions: tgh

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
The Hawks have 18 regulation wins in 56 games ... they're not winning anything.

That being said they're winning tonight. It's Sedin night and I have faith the Hawks will stick it to 'em one last time.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If this team makes the playoffs, they are going to get curb-stomped so hard, the league may rescind their last 3 cups out of shame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad