IF Hawks make the play-offs, Hawks will win the Cup

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
I like to think of myself as one of the most optimistic dudes on here, but this is a bit much for me.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

migi

Feb 25, 2015
One of these? Sign me up.

Lafreniere is a sure thing now.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Here's a goofy, fun question ( in the spirit of the OP ) ... what would you rather see happen?
Hawks make the playoffs this year and somehow miraculously win the cup in an unimaginable cinderella run.
or
Hawks miss the playoffs and win the lottery ( getting one of the top three picks again ) and then in say maybe 3 years go on another multi cup run ( let's say they win 2 more with two years in between ).

Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Here's a goofy, fun question ( in the spirit of the OP ) ... what would you rather see happen?
Hawks make the playoffs this year and somehow miraculously win the cup in an unimaginable cinderella run.
or
Hawks miss the playoffs and win the lottery ( getting one of the top three picks again ) and then in say maybe 3 years go on another multi cup run ( let's say they win 2 more with two years in between ).
Well two is better than one so the second option of course. Also according to your timeline, the careers of Toews, Keith and Kane would be winding down so it would be a story book ending.

Reactions: crazyhawk

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
giphy.gif

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Here is a more realistic scenario, Hawks make the playoffs at WC1 spot, play Vancouver and Oilers and beat them which is not that out of the realm of imagination, and then who knows they might get lucky in the conference finals but very very not likely. If they make WC2 spot it’s over there is no way they go through Blues, Colorado, etc.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Chicago has a better chance at winning the Cup this year than the lottery.

Neither are happening this year.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I don’t think they’re a contender but honestly the west is wide open this year. Besides the Knights I don’t think there’s anyone in the Pacific that scares me that much in a 7 game series. If we can slip into the Pacific division in the wildcard we wouldn’t have to play a central team until the WCF. Who knows maybe we have another wild first round and a bunch of contenders get knocked out again.

Again, I don’t think this team is championship caliber or anything but I do think this is a year where a lesser team can go on a run with a hot goaltender. I’m actually really interested to see how the west shakes out this year. Gotta make the playoffs first though.

Last edited:
Reactions: d rake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad