OT: If Garth Snow was a character in Game of Thrones, whose ******* would he be?

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
Just some background information for those who aren't familiar with Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire: "Snow" is the last name given to {illegitimate children*} born in the North.

The way things have been, I thought we could really use something to lighten the mood in here :nod:

{Mod Edit}

Last edited by a moderator:

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Just some background information for those who aren't familiar with Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire: "Snow" is the last name given to {illegitimate children*} born in the North.

The way things have been, I thought we could really use something to lighten the mood in here :nod:

{Mod Edit}

Not sure, but Wang would absolutely be Little Finger. Shady, scheming ******* who only cares about his profits.

Last edited by a moderator:

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Tyrion Lannister somewhat

Description:
Tyrion has a cunning mind and often uses to his advantage the fact that others constantly underestimate him.

original islander

Oct 12, 2011

{Mod Edit}

SPOILER ALERT

I can't believe it but this thread intrigues me, so I'll play along.

Garth Snow reminds me of Robb Strark. Everything is going well and then Robb deviates from his plan causing a disaster. The decision to not go ahead and marry one of the homely Frey sisters to marry a more attractive wife is similar to trading Moulson for Vanek. It may cause dissension IF Moulson is very popular with his teammates. Again IF Moulson is popular and Vanek is given a maximum money deal while current players have to settle for a home town discount it will show a form of disloyalty leading to inner dissension.

I can't believe that I actually understand what I just wrote. I may be a Nerd, but I'm the King of the Nerds.

Last edited:

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
i can't believe it but this thread intrigues me, so i'll play along.

Garth snow reminds me of robb strark. Everything is going well and then robb deviates from his plan causing a disaster. The decision to not go ahead and marry one of the homely frey sisters to marry a more attractive wife is similar to trading moulson for vanek. It may cause dissension if moulson is very popular with his teammates. Again if moulson is popular and vanek is given a maximum money deal while current players have to settle for a home town discount it will show a form of disloyalty leading to inner dissension.

I can't believe that i actually understand what i just wrote. I may be a nerd, but i'm the king of the nerds.

spoiler alert

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
SPOILER ALERT

I can't believe it but this thread intrigues me, so I'll play along.

Garth Snow reminds me of Robb Strark. Everything is going well and then Robb deviates from his plan causing a disaster. The decision to not go ahead and marry one of the homely Frey sisters to marry a more attractive wife is similar to trading Moulson for Vanek. It may cause dissension IF Moulson is very popular with his teammates. Again IF Moulson is popular and Vanek is given a maximum money deal while current players have to settle for a home town discount it will show a form of disloyalty leading to inner dissension.

I can't believe that I actually understand what I just wrote. I may be a Nerd, but I'm the King of the Nerds.

The Vanek trade wasn't the problem. Although defense and goaltending were and still are far more urgent needs, we don't even know if any were even available, and if Snow had sat on the Vanek trade we might have ended up with nothing. As for any possible hard feelings, the players are professionals and fully aware that trades happen.

Though if Vanek walks this summer then Snow needs to be made to take the black or be scheduled for an appointment with Ser Ilyn Payne.

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
The Vanek trade wasn't the problem. Although defense and goaltending were and still are far more urgent needs, we don't even know if any were even available, and if Snow had sat on the Vanek trade we might have ended up with nothing. As for any possible hard feelings, the players are professionals and fully aware that trades happen.

Though if Vanek walks this summer then Snow needs to be made to take the black or be scheduled for an appointment with Ser Ilyn Payne.

Robb Stark probably thought the same thing about his generals and troops being professionals. (lol)

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Tyrion Lannister somewhat

Description:
Tyrion has a cunning mind and often uses to his advantage the fact that others constantly underestimate him.

Agree completely with the who, but for different reasons. His father always gives him little to work with, but he manages to extract something from it every time. The brat king would be Milbury, btw...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad