If Chicago wins again they're the most impressive dynasty for me

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Still never can figure out why adding fans is a bad thing. If the league expects to survive, always thought an increase in fans watching, buying merchandise and attending was a good thing.

Well I guess you cannot really attack Hawks/Kings play and cup wins recently, so better to get petty and ***** about when people became fans.:laugh:

Who's petty?

It's when these fans start an agenda of their own that smells of homersim. Adding fans WILL happen, especially when teams gain more success. The league needs fans in general and it needs to continue to grow...

But it comes in waves where certain "fans" think they know better or think their time or team is superior.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
53 56 57 58 59 60 65 66 68 69 71 73 76 77 78 79

Just saying that's a 26 years dynasty or at least one from 53 to 60 and another from 65 to 79

the canadiens managed to stay the best team in the league for 26 years, in my opinion that's something that will never be touched by another team.

thefizzle656

Aug 31, 2013
Orange County, CA
Sorry but the Oilers are clearly the greatest and most impressive dynasty ever and will never be topped. Three consecutive 1st overall draft picks in the Draft Lottery Era? That'll never be beat! :sarcasm:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Sorry but the Oilers are clearly the greatest and most impressive dynasty ever and will never be topped. Three consecutive 1st overall draft picks in the Draft Lottery Era? That'll never be beat! :sarcasm:

They can make it 4 this year!

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'll let other fans wring their hands trying to decide where in the arbitrary hierarchy the Blackhawks dynasty falls.

I've seen my team win 3 cups in my lifetime, and be one of the top teams in the league even when we come just short. Quite possibly more to come.

Raise your hand if you can say the same.

If this privilege only ranks 3rd, 5th, 10th on your list of teams whose fans got to witness or celebrate greatness, I will somehow find the ability to appreciate it nonetheless :)

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Really, so the 2nd highest scoring player of all time doesn't make it onto your list of potential threats eh? You're obviously a joker discounting a ton of hall of famers - many of whom played across eras and remained dangerous.
Not this era.

Discrediting the Hawks is a horrid attempt considering no team before them outside the Kings had to deal with a salary cap.

Say what you want, but the Hawks dynasty is the most impressive among all NHL dynasties. They have nothing to hide behind nor an excuse.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I'll let other fans wring their hands trying to decide where in the arbitrary hierarchy the Blackhawks dynasty falls.

I've seen my team win 3 cups in my lifetime, and be one of the top teams in the league even when we come just short. Quite possibly more to come.

If this privilege only ranks 3rd, 5th, 10th on your list of teams whose fans got to witness or celebrate greatness, I will somehow find the ability to appreciate it nonetheless :)
Loving the dynasty mediocrity.

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
I don't buy it. Will they be a great dynasty? Yes. But they'll never be close to the 50's, 70's Habs, and the 80's Isles and Oilers.

Those teams not only won an extrodinary amount of games and cups but they did it against just as extrodinary competition.
If the Habs didn't win those Cups, the Leafs and Bruins would be just as fondly remembered. If the Isles don't win those cups it's probably the Flyers who we look at as the dynesty team. If the Oilers don't win, the Flames win practically every cup in the late 80's.

If the Hawks don't win? I don't know. I don't think the level of competition between teams this era can compare. The Hawks deserve to be commended for keeping their winning team together, but I think just as big of a factor is that because of the cap, other teams could not.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010

Well said. Just being in the dynasty conversation is something I would not have dreamed as a Hawks fan during the Bill Wirtz era. Ironically he is the reason I became a fan of the Blackhawks :P

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
The Hawks deserve to be commended for keeping their winning team together, but I think just as big of a factor is that because of the cap, other teams could not.

Wait what

The Hawks have traded/let go the following team since winning in 2010. Not including trade deadline rentals (ie Vermette). Vast, vast majority due to cap issues. Definitely no other team that has been as adversely affected by the cap.

Patrick Sharp - Dave Bolland - Kris Versteeg (x2)
Andrew Ladd - Brad Richards - Troy Brouwer
Brandon Saad - Brandon Pirri - Michael Frolik
Viktor Stalberg - Joakim Nordstrom - Jimmy Hayes

Nick Leddy - Dustin Byfuglien
Brian Campbell - Johnny Oduya
Klas Dahlbeck - Ryan Stanton

Antti Niemi
Ray Emery

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I agree the Islanders was the most impressive. 4 straight Cups with their final win against the emerging Oiler Dynasty, their loss in the 5th Year came to arguably the best team in history (83-84 Oilers) in the cup final.

It is interesting that the Oilers followed immediately after the Isles. The Isles probably would have won 5 in a row, and likewise the Oilers would probably have 6 cups if it wasn't for the other.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Wait what

The Hawks have traded/let go the following team since winning in 2010. Not including trade deadline rentals (ie Vermette). Vast, vast majority due to cap issues. Definitely no other team that has been as adversely affected by the cap.

Patrick Sharp - Dave Bolland - Kris Versteeg (x2)
Andrew Ladd - Brad Richards - Troy Brouwer
Brandon Saad - Brandon Pirri - Michael Frolik
Viktor Stalberg - Joakim Nordstrom - Jimmy Hayes

Nick Leddy - Dustin Byfuglien
Brian Campbell - Johnny Oduya
Klas Dahlbeck - Ryan Stanton

Antti Niemi
Ray Emery
And, that team can squeak into the playoffs this year in the east.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
53 56 57 58 59 60 65 66 68 69 71 73 76 77 78 79

Just saying that's a 26 years dynasty or at least one from 53 to 60 and another from 65 to 79

the canadiens managed to stay the best team in the league for 26 years, in my opinion that's something that will never be touched by another team.

Yea because it was a joke. There was no draft and they got the top players in the sport the pick of the litter were required to sign regionally with them. Hardly something to brag about.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
It is interesting that the Oilers followed immediately after the Isles. The Isles probably would have won 5 in a row, and likewise the Oilers would probably have 6 cups if it wasn't for the other.

And if not for the LA Kings (and nick Leddy's shoulder) the Hawks surely already have 4 Cups going on 5(4th in a row) in a cap era.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
And this is why people mock the Hawks fans who sprang into existence since 2010. Hockey simply didn't exist until the Hawks dynasty came into existence.
No. Hockey existed before that. But the uniqueness of such a dynasty doing something that hasnt ever been done before in any era puts things in perspective.

And people can mock any fans all they want. I really dont think Hawk fans care one bit. They just like Cups.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
No. Hockey existed before that. But the uniqueness of such a dynasty doing something that hasnt ever been done before in any era puts things in perspective.

And people can mock any fans all they want. I really dont think Hawk fans care one bit. They just like Cups.

And what have they done that has never been done before that is so unique that it puts them ahead of other, more successful dynasties who exhibited longer tenures of success?

I guess those Isles, Oilers and Habs teams did nothing impressive compared to Chicago.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
And what have they done that has never been done before that is so unique that it puts them ahead of other, more successful dynasties who exhibited longer tenures of success?

I guess those Isles, Oilers and Habs teams did nothing impressive compared to Chicago.
None of them had to deal with a salary cap and reshaping the team on the fly to stay competitive.

Theres nothing dynasties from years past that can match that. None.

The Hawks, thru financial parity, are penalized for being good and still win Cups! And its not an inept owner its the league itself forcing them to purge.

No cap, and the 2010 team wins four in a row at least and players would have jumped on the gravy train and face washes record books.
But, considering there is a cap, it speaks volumes the amount of greatness Bowmans have done.

Best ever.

Ice Fight

Nov 4, 2015
What's unfortunate for the rest of the NHL is I don't think this Chicago team is going away anytime soon. As long as Kane, Toews and Keith are there, they can plug in anyone and still contend every year. It's quite frusterating!

They are the Patriots of the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad