If Cherepanov played in N.A.

dkdex

Apr 2, 2007
mo,via waukegan ill,
If he played in North America this season, he would of been the unquestioned number pick in the draft. But the Russian transfer agreement will hurt him from being the top pick, and Mayorov from being a top 5 pick.

Source? Chief Scout from ISS. :teach:
i agree but as a hawkfan i wonder how makarov is doing can we get him here one step at a time,we dont need two who cant come?:sarcasm:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
He's a sniper with a good set of hands, but there is something about his skating and movement that seems a bit lackadaisical to me; like there is something left to be desired...

Cors

Jan 17, 2006
nhl.mybb.ru
Men all the same by if it, he is taken in Russia will remain.
1. Weight 172 >>> It must have weight
2. before it goes over the large pond must it which earn
2008/09 it is ready for NHL. I hope Kings take it

Last edited:

Transported Upstater

1. It must have weight

I admire your courage and attempts to type correctly in English, but I think that post is too far off to really understand. :)

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Because of what Mayorov must be TOP 5 pick? Because he's Russian or what?
Cherepanov isn't so great to be uquestioned 1st pick. More to say, if he played in NA, then maybe he wouldn't be in 1st round at all.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Because of what Mayorov must be TOP 5 pick? Because he's Russian or what?
Cherepanov isn't so great to be uquestioned 1st pick. More to say, if he played in NA, then maybe he wouldn't be in 1st round at all.

Um he is doing very well for an 18 year old in the 2nd best league in the world, so to think his stock might drop in the CHL is quite outlandish.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Cherepanov would be hyped to death in this case after his performance in semi-final game against Sweden a-la Toews against USA at U-20. More to say, I was impressed with his backcheking at U-18 in games I've seen as I never noticed this before from him.

Last edited:

HS

May 17, 2006
More to say, I was impressed with his backcheking at U-18 in games I've seen as I never mentioned this before from him.

He demonstrated it in RSL PO. Blocking a couple of shots also.

Amateur Hour

Jul 23, 2006
Negadelphia
1. Weight 172 >>> It must have weight

freetranslator.com used to screw me over like this all the time when I would try to translate entire English sentences into French... I feel your pain, buddy.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Um he is doing very well for an 18 year old in the 2nd best league in the world, so to think his stock might drop in the CHL is quite outlandish.

If he played in NA, I think he wouldn't been in team Russia at U18 and U20.

2nd best league thing is a bit annoying. RSL isn't so much better if better at all than SEL or Sm-liga, to call RSL 2nd best league in the world. It's a national league not INTERNATIONAL like NHL.

He is good player but it's funny how his hype raised to stars because he scored a goal from horrible turnover and a goal from PP at last second.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
I think, you are wrong. Radulov was and Voloshenko was, for example. May be you could name big name players who wasn't selected before ?

2nd best league thing is a bit annoying. RSL isn't so much better if better at all than SEL or Sm-liga, to call RSL 2nd best league in the world
Raimo Summanen and Kevin Pendergast said so. I doubt one of them have a little or big bias for RSL. I've read the same from Duhatschek column in his interview with Dave King, IIRC.

It's a national league not INTERNATIONAL like NHL.
N in NHL = National ;)

He is good player but it's funny how his hype raised to stars because he scored a goal from horrible turnover and a goal from PP at last second.
He raised to stars because he has broken Bure record in RSL, put more points then Malkin and Ovechkin combined at the same age, was among top scorers at WJC while he was only 17 years old and was money in RSL playoffs. Yesterday he only proved his high level while outplayed 3 sweden players, draw a penalty and scored with 1 second left, don't forget his goal at 4-3 also.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
He's a sniper with a good set of hands, but there is something about his skating and movement that seems a bit lackadaisical to me; like there is something left to be desired...
The same thing was said about Radulov. The kid has hands, sense and a will to score goals. I used to think that Kane was a Pallfy clone, mostly because of his sense on the PP, but Cherepanov reminds me so much of Pallfy it isn't even funny.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
If Cherpy doesn't have an "attitude" the Caps @ #5 is very intriguing for obvious reasons.

Ovechkin- FA- Cherepanov
Semin- Backstrom- Fehr

Period. Done. Fin.

pouskin74*

sherepanov is most valuable player in this draft!!!!! Garl or inqwar???? at least dont be hypocritical and tell to everybody that you hate russians:shakehead

Last edited by a moderator:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

2nd best league thing is a bit annoying. RSL isn't so much better if better at all than SEL or Sm-liga, to call RSL 2nd best league in the world. It's a national league not INTERNATIONAL like NHL.

How is it annoying? The kid is putting up incredible stats in the RSL against MEN, the CHL is full of KIDS. To think he wouldn't dominate against KIDS when he does against MEN makes no sense. Not to mention stats are deflated in the RSL, who knows how many secondary assists he's had too.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
2KAIZER: Truhno, Bashkirovs. This year there wasn't a single player from NA in Team Russia.

About 2nd best league. I'm not arguing that RSL is good. I'm just sayin that Eruopean TOP leagues are on the same level.

How is it annoying? The kid is putting up incredible stats in the RSL against MEN, the CHL is full of KIDS. To think he wouldn't dominate against KIDS when he does against MEN makes no sense. Not to mention stats are deflated in the RSL, who knows how many secondary assists he's had too.
1.They count secondary assists in RSL.
2.You misunderstood me. Cherepanov would have good numers in CHL. So I think he can dominate in CHL, but that doesn't matter , Truhno is dominating CHL and what? Did he participated in WJC? No, because this year russian coaches decided to play with domestic players. And they were right.
sherepanov is most valuable player in this draft!!!!! Garl or inqwar???? you deffently have a mental illness symptons! at least dont be hypocritical and tell to everybody that you hate russians
That's your opinion. If I disagree with you this means that I hate Russians?:shakehead Maybe you should make a poll about this, you will find, how much rusofobs are writing at this board?

Don't be such homer, if you can prove that Cherepanov is UNQESTIONED 1st overall, then go ahead.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
2KAIZER: Truhno, Bashkirovs. This year there wasn't a single player from NA in Team Russia.
Should they ? None of them isn't big name and I doubt how struggling, according to reports, Bashkirovs could help or where to put Truhno with Krysanov, Anisimov, Zubov, Cherepanov and Churilov already with the team ? :dunno:

By the way, this year wasn't.. last year there were 3 players from NA in Team Russia. I don't know from where you've got it: Tyutin played, Shishkanov played, Artyukhin played, Radulov, Voloshenko and Khudobin - all were from AHL or CHL.. Few others not so famous players from CHL like Kozhevnikov or Buturlin also played.. :dunno:

Moreover, I think that USAHockey is a lot more biased than FHR to players from CHL, for example.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I thought that Trukhno has Danish citizenship and would play for them in a major tourney, not Russia. I could be wrong tho.

That's Starkov. Truhno plays for Russia.

Should they ? None of them isn't big name and I doubt how struggling, according to reports, Bashkirovs could help or where to put Truhno with Krysanov, Anisimov, Zubov, Cherepanov and Churilov already with the team ?
I find a bit strange the fact that last year Bashkirovs were leaders of Russia as underagers, this year they didn't even participated. Don't think that's because they struggled.

About Truhno, well guy hit 100 points in CHL. I don't think that Krysanov, Anisimov, or Churlyaev are better than him. Maybe he was bit unknown for Popichin though.
However the decision to go with domestic players, that played together all season was right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->