If Carey Price didn't get Injured in 2015-16, Could Montreal have won the Stanley Cup?

Could the 2015-16 Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup if Carey Price didn't get his Season cut Short?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
I think it's been long enough since 2015-16 that I could ask this.

What would happen if Carey Price's 2015-16 Season wasn't cut short by Injuries?

He was a major integral player for Montreal, and the Habs were one of, if not, the best team of 2015-16 before Price got Injured. After Price's Season-Ending Injury, the Habs flopped so hard that they missed the Playoffs.

If he was in the roster still After Novemeber, I think there is a good shot they could Have won the Cup (See the Poll.)

With that, P.K may have never been traded, which would probably caused a lot of the league to change from there.

What do you think would Happen if Price was never injured in 2015-16?
Let's Discuss.

-BlueBull

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
No, I think their flop was for more reasons than Price injury, and they didn't come very close in either 2015 or 2017

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
No. How many Finals has Price gotten them to? In fact, how many Finals have they made since 1993? They haven't had a Cup quality roster for a long time. Just look at their center depth and compare it to a team like Pittsburgh, Boston, or Tampa. Hard to be a contender when you're outmatched on paper other than at goalie.

Plus, Pittsburgh was too strong that year.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Maybe they squeak into the playoffs if Price doesn't get hurt, but that's about it. That group of forwards was probably in the bottom 10 of the league, no chance guys like Plekanec and Galchenyuk were leading a team anywhere close to a Cup.

Reactions: Sentinel

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I had forgotten that Montreal had 110 points in the NHL in 2015 - good for 2nd overall - in the year Price won the Hart/Vezina. The bowed out 2nd round to Tampa though. But then they are a .500 team in 2016 without him. Back to a 103 point team that bows out in the first round with him again in 2017, but no playoffs since. Was 2015 only so great just because Price had such a ridiculous season? I think so.

That Habs team only goes as far as Price can take them. They are a lot like the Buffalo Sabres without Hasek. This is not a playoff team, it is a lottery team.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Who was the last true superstar Montreal had outside of goalie? Koivu? Chelios? You'd think with their history and popularity, they could draw more free agents. They've had a couple of Conference Finals runs in the last 10 years, but I never felt that would be a trend for those teams. They've been terrible over the last 25 years at producing high end players.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I think it's been long enough since 2015-16 that I could ask this.

What would happen if Carey Price's 2015-16 Season wasn't cut short by Injuries?

He was a major integral player for Montreal, and the Habs were one of, if not, the best team of 2015-16 before Price got Injured. After Price's Season-Ending Injury, the Habs flopped so hard that they missed the Playoffs.

If he was in the roster still After Novemeber, I think there is a good shot they could Have won the Cup (See the Poll.)

With that, P.K may have never been traded, which would probably caused a lot of the league to change from there.

What do you think would Happen if Price was never injured in 2015-16?
Let's Discuss.

-BlueBull
Even if they made it out of their division, the Penguins likely overwhelm them in the ECF

Nerowoy nora tolad

May 9, 2018
Gladstone, Australia
Its extremely rare for any team to win the Cup when their goalie is their best player. Goalies on cup winning teams are usually elite but there are more aspects to the team that stand out.

Now that I think of it, the only example of a goalie 100% carrying his team to the cup without any question to whether they could have done it with a different lineup is Charlie Gardiner for the 1934 Blackhawks.

Beyond that Giguerre and Hasek are two good examples of goalies almost doing it, but I dont think anyone else in NHL history can claim they single-handedly won a cup.

scott clam

Sep 12, 2018
They wouldn't beat Pittsburgh, and they wouldn't beat Washington or Tampa either.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->