If canucks land svechnikov

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Svechnikov looks like a clear star, and is an excellent cant miss prospect.

I do disagree with a lot things you say but this time 110% agree with you.

When he has the puck. Man players will have a tough time taking the puck from him.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
If Canucks get Svechnikov. I like to see these lines next season

Liespic Horvat Svechnikov
Eriksson Pettersson Boeser
Baertschi Gaudette Virtanen
Gaunce Sutter Granlund

These 8 either retire/Utica/extras/waive/trade

Gagner
Sedins
Jokinen
Motte
Archibald
Boucher
Goldobin

I think Eriksson still has game left in him. His whole career he always need It a playmaking center to get him the puck. Richards/Ribiero/Krejci. With Pettersson I think he can get 20 plus goals.

I think Boeser will work better with Pettersson he is more playmaker than Horvat. Horvat style works better with Svechnikov. Also you have Liepsic to dig the puck out.

I will keep Granlund around because he did play well with Sutter on the checking line in the early parts of the season. Out of the other players I think Gaunce fits the best with Sutter.

Virtanen and Gaudette. I mean it's only 1 game. They show a little bit chemistry and I have Baertschi on that line to give that line a little more scoring. Baertschi and Leipsic can also switch places.

Reactions: Index

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Could a line of :

Dahlen-Pettersson-svechnikov

Work?

That line would be killer but I don’t see Benning drafting Svech unfortunately......even with a 2nd or 3rd overall pick. Dahlin, Hughes, Boqvist, Bouchard, or Dobson will be a Canuck after this draft. Actually, take Dahlin off that list. Given our latest ridiculous winning streak, the Dahlin ship has likely sailed.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
That line would be killer but I don’t see Benning drafting Svech unfortunately......even with a 2nd or 3rd overall pick. Dahlin, Hughes, Boqvist, Bouchard, or Dobson will be a Canuck after this draft. Actually, take Dahlin off that list. Given our latest ridiculous winning streak, the Dahlin ship has likely sailed.

Twice the last 10 yrs a team finished 5th last to draft 1st overall. Hawks in 2007 and NJ in 2017. There still some hope

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Twice the last 10 yrs a team finished 5th last to draft 1st overall. Hawks in 2007 and NJ in 2017. There still some hope

Unfortunately, I do think Bettman has it in for Vancouver for whatever reason.

After seeing the ridiculous reffing against Chicago in 2009, 2010, and 2011, along with the ridiculous reffing against Boston in 2011, LA in 2012, and especially San Jose in 2013 (like seriously, wtf was that about), I would be *very* surprised if Bettman hasn't rigged the lottery which some how worked against Vancouver. I know the lottery is done publicly, etc., but I still suspect massive foul play from Bettman's end.

The dude just hates Vancouver.

Hopefully, I am wrong and being ridiculous here...........but I dunno.

Speaking of Chicago, I wouldn't be surprised if they "beat all kinds of odds" to draft in the Top 3 this year.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
That is a terrible idea because...

1. No way in hell is Peterson playing center in the NHL, if he's a winger in the SEL, then he's DEFINITELY not playing center here, Center is a physically and mentally demanding position where you have strict responsibilities all over the ice, even Henrik has had to be protected from being a real center through his career here, all the offensive zone starts were to compensate for the fact that he couldn't physically DO 50% of the job, when Kesler picked up his slack it was perfect, between the two they were the perfect NHL center, but throw in Brandon Sutter and all that goes down the toilet, the Sedins are from a by-gone era, centers won't be protected like that ever again, Peterson is going to be a winger, get used to it, because that's how it is going down, like it or not....and I don't, we NEED another center, Horvat I belive will be a 1st line quality center, Gaudette...lets be optomistic and say he's a good third, that's a HUGE hole, centers dictate how a team plays, wingers are more peripheral rovers, oportunists....which brings me too....

2. DON'T DRAFT ANY MORE WINGERS team built on the wing suck......period, and drafting BPA then dealing for what we need won't happen, our GM can't manage assets like that, its beyond his level of skill, I'm really not happy with the available prospects this year there is a GLUT of wingers right where we will end up picking and no center for miles....that sucks BIG TIME, I really don't see us acquiring a significant piece this summer, a good top 4 guy in a few years or another shooter, we need a great #1 D and a 1B center, with Boesser and Peterson maning the wings its going to be a disaster if we don't get those two spots filled, Trade Joulevi, Virtannen, Demko, PETERSON (His stock will never be higher, sight unseen), this year 1st rounder anyone but Horvat and Boesser....but get that center and then get that D! everything else is just window dressing, decent defensmen, and scoring wingers won't turn this team into ANYTHIN untill we get those slots sorted out.

Joulevi and Demko for Reinhart?

On a side note, I have found Boesser's play tenacious and intelligent, he has decent size and seems to be able to get into tight spots and think two steps ahead, in my opinion, he is a really good hockey player who has been cast as a goal scorer, but I have a hunch he would do just as well no matter where he was put, he's usually the finisher but he can set up plays just as well, try him in the middle

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Tryamkin, Nichushkin, Radulov

It's a real thing and very difficult to ignore when picking that high in the draft. Based on talent alone Svechnikov goes right behind Dahlin but I think he drops below Zadina and possibly even farther.

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
Tryamkin, Nichushkin, Radulov

It's a real thing and very difficult to ignore when picking that high in the draft. Based on talent alone Svechnikov goes right behind Dahlin but I think he drops below Zadina and possibly even farther.
All 3 were of those guys were drafted out of the KHL, Svechnikov has played 2 full seasons in NA now and his brother is over here too in the AHL. Russian threat shouldn't be an issue.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Svechnikov is solidly in the Russian program. He's been over for less than two years. While I think the risk is lower than the other three examples, I don't think it is nil.

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Unfortunately, I do think Bettman has it in for Vancouver for whatever reason.

After seeing the ridiculous reffing against Chicago in 2009, 2010, and 2011, along with the ridiculous reffing against Boston in 2011, LA in 2012, and especially San Jose in 2013 (like seriously, wtf was that about), I would be *very* surprised if Bettman hasn't rigged the lottery which some how worked against Vancouver. I know the lottery is done publicly, etc., but I still suspect massive foul play from Bettman's end.

The dude just hates Vancouver.

Hopefully, I am wrong and being ridiculous here...........but I dunno.
If the lottery was rigged Edmonton wouldn't keep winning.

Anyone should watch the YouTube of the draw. All the lottery teams send a representative to watch. It is all done with ping pong balls and a book of random numbers. Every team would have to be in on the rigging. If Trevor Linden and Jim Benning are actively sabotaging the Canucks by helping rig the the lottery......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad