If Canada U-20 fantasy B team

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
I was thinking about the talent we had for u-20's and I came to the conclusion that if we had a 2nd team in this tourney they would be able to come up with the bronze or 4th place.. this might just be my opinion BUT it would be interesting to see this team...

I ask you the question.. what would your Canada B team be and how well would they place.... No particular order..
Here's mine:
Forwards:
Roussin-- Fehr-- Picard
Bernier -- Brule -- Stone
Bolland -- Zajac -- Wolski
McGrath -- Meyer -- Boyd-- Little
Defense:
Green -- Quincey
Schultz -- Picard
O'Neil -- Coulombe
Parent
Goalies:
Nastiuk
Dubnyk

I think they would lose the bronze to the Americans in a tough game... Just my opinion...

what do the rest of you think??

Last edited:

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Merry Christmas.

BTW, Meyer 4th line center when he almost made the U20?

I think he'd be second line. Roussin second line as well with Brule and Picard first line.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
PanthersRule said:
Merry Christmas.

BTW, Meyer 4th line center when he almost made the U20?

I think he'd be second line. Roussin second line as well with Brule and Picard first line.

I forgot to state that it was in no real order.. just as they came to my head...
sorry
i agree with that your saying..

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
it's a nice team and i think they could win gold or relegate. i mean, it's not the skill that decides a tournament like this. it's playing like a team, give 100 percent and have a bit luck too. we have 7 teams with chances to win gold here, canada B would be the 8th. it's pretty much the same in the big WC. only switzerland, belarus and germany don't have a chance on winning gold because they're playing on a level below.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Wow, still no Pouliot... Was he overlooked or left off for any reason? He is great in the faceoff circle, good defensively and is in the top 6 of scoring in the entire CHL, I am too lazy to look up where.

How come Pouliot gets no love still? He is having a great season.

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
.........Roussin-- Fehr-- Picard
Bernier -- Brule -- Stone.......

I think Fehr and Stone playing together in your B team would be more effective, these guys have amazing chemistry and a very good scoring tandem.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
I bet this collection of Team Canada castoffs would try awfully hard against Team Canada (aka the varsity squad)....

Would be a fun game to watch (i.e not quite David vs not quite Goliath).

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
zecke26 said:
it's a nice team and i think they could win gold or relegate. i mean, it's not the skill that decides a tournament like this. it's playing like a team, give 100 percent and have a bit luck too. we have 7 teams with chances to win gold here, canada B would be the 8th. it's pretty much the same in the big WC. only switzerland, belarus and germany don't have a chance on winning gold because they're playing on a level below.

In theory, yes, everyone has a shot at winning. But let's get serious for a second. If Slovakia or Sweden won the gold it would be a huge surprise. Their chances are very slim. If you want to get technical, then yes they could win. Realistically, there are 4, maybe 5 teams that have a chance to win every year. Canada, US, Russia, and then either Finland or the Czechs, maybe both depending on the year. The others will be playing for a bronze as their gold medal.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Kritty said:
In theory, yes, everyone has a shot at winning. But let's get serious for a second. If Slovakia or Sweden won the gold it would be a huge surprise. Their chances are very slim. If you want to get technical, then yes they could win. Realistically, there are 4, maybe 5 teams that have a chance to win every year. Canada, US, Russia, and then either Finland or the Czechs, maybe both depending on the year. The others will be playing for a bronze as their gold medal.

true, it would be a surprise if sweden or slovakia would win. but these teams have at least some player with great skills who could carry them further than we think. it's at least not impossible. only switzerland, belarus and germany have really no chance.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
s7ark said:
Wow, still no Pouliot... Was he overlooked or left off for any reason? He is great in the faceoff circle, good defensively and is in the top 6 of scoring in the entire CHL, I am too lazy to look up where.

How come Pouliot gets no love still? He is having a great season.

I think pouliot is a good player.. i just think these players would be better IMO for this team... thanks for your opinion as always though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad