If Andersen can not dress on Friday who backs up Campbell?

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
How good is this Campbell guy supposed to be anyway?

Stole starts from Quick last season, posting starter level numbers in 30 ish games.

Struggled a bit this season on one of the worst teams in the league, posting passable NHL numbers.

Somewhere between the two is what we can expect.

Reactions: authentic

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
They may be willing to give Hutch one more game, depending on Andersen. Campbell likely gets Anaheim since he knows them well. Andersen/Hutch against Montreal.

Kaskisuo has to go down to help Woll handle the 3-in-3. Otherwise, I would definitely give him another chance.

Once Andersen is back and healthy, and hopefully that is soon, Hutch is likely waived and traded for AHL help.
If Andersen can play there is no way Hutchinson starts against Montreal. He's already started twice against them this season and lost both games.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I think you send Hutch down to the Marlies asap. They've been a bit of a tire fire since Keefe got called up and he's had AHL success in the last few seasons. Plus, if he starts to play well in the A and get some confidence you might just salvage a 7th rounder if someone is looking for a third string goalie.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
The right move is probably to have Hutch in the backup roll. I absolutely believe he should be waived immediately afterwards, and I’m pretty sure Dubas does as well. I found it amusing that he focused on Hutch being a nice guy rather than his play at today’s press conference.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
After giving away 4 points because of bush league goaltending I say just leave campbell in the net if he gets injured at this point. The odds of puck randomly hitting him is about the same as hutch making a save.

Reactions: Duckrider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad