If a player has to be in control of his stick, goalie has to be in control of his net

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Once again the net taken off it's moorings when Elliot accidentally knocks it off. A player would get a penalty for an accidental high stick, sometimes four minutes if he draws blood, so: a two minute penalty for delay of game, a five minute penalty if it would have resulted in a goal if the net hadn't been taken off.

Fix the net and fix the rules. This could mean the difference between a playoff team or not, home ice advantage or not.

member 147413

This is from a month ago - EXACT same situation and the call goes the other way. Wouldn't be such a piss off if these calls actually went our way from time to time, or at least had a semblance of consistency

It’s bush league. So inconsistent.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada

This is from a month ago - EXACT same situation and the call goes the other way. Wouldn't be such a piss off if these calls actually went our way from time to time, or at least had a semblance of consistency

As far as I know the rules this isn't the exact same situation as the shot was already taken before the net came off and the net coming off didn't affect if the puck was going in or not. With Elliott the net was already off and I think the puck was going to hit the post if it was not off. With that said I'd be annoyed if I was a TO fan and it should prob. be a penalty. The Andersen one you linked and Elliott ones I also think were truly accidental compared to the Chicago one from last week which seemed a lot more intentional.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
That is not same situation at all. Both Toronto no goals, the net was off BEFORE the shot occurred. For the Montreal goal, the net came off while the shot was on the way...
2 different situations.

Also, here’s a solution, don’t let in the first 5 goals of the game.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Dunno if Anderson knocked the moorings off I would be clapping

I teach kids it's better to cheat and win then to be honest and lose
I taught my players to be gentlemen first, hockey players second, and, cheaters never! Play hard, play fair, play to have fun, win if you can!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I'm at a hockey tournament this weekend and our goalie did it today. Very effective. The other team's stands were outraged.

It should be a delay of game penalty

Reactions: Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
they could go back to anchoring the nets and eliminate the problem
And having skaters breaking their legs and sustaining other injuries from hitting an immovable object. No thanks.

I'd rather they award a goal, award a penalty shot, or asses a 2 minute penalty for knocking the net off when it is not assisted by the opposition. And, it should be automatic and not something that is a judgement call by the Refs!

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
it was sarcasm einstein , we have to take missed calls as the trade off for safety but it is in some ways like the equipment arguement , there was a lot more respect between the players when they weren't playing in battle armour .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad