Identical or Not?

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
Last one to compare... gimme your thoughts. Was able to find these 2 from an online hockey dealer, before purchasing I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,
GLG

Last edited:

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
FINALLY you found your stick! I must have seen you post about it in ten different threads here over the last couple months :P

I better not tell you that those sticks look like they have a bit of an open face, whereas the Tkachuk is closed... you might have a mental breakdown! (Unless that is just a shadow?)

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
According to the TPS specs:
TKACHUK - pattern 007
1/2" slight heel curve
Slightly open face
Lie = 5
Toe = Round

Sometimes you gotta do what u gotta do to get results! Persistence pays off & I'm glad I was able to find them. Too bad they only had 2 in stock!

GLG

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
According to the TPS specs:
TKACHUK - pattern 007
1/2" slight heel curve
Slightly open face
Lie = 5
Toe = Round

Sometimes you gotta do what u gotta do to get results! Persistence pays off & I'm glad I was able to find them. Too bad they only had 2 in stock!

GLG

Yeah, it's worth it definitely. I went to a two piece and ordered a blade online just to get a swd pp26 stastny in something nicer than a T90

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yeah, it's worth it definitely. I went to a two piece and ordered a blade online just to get a swd pp26 stastny in something nicer than a T90

That's why I was using a SWD "Bouchard" blade when it was identical to the Tkachuk - the height of the Bouchard blade allowed for more ball coverage. But wood blades on a concrete arena floor for ball hockey, I was going through a few blades. Not to mention that SWD changed the "Bouchard" pattern and now it's nowhere near the Tkachuk. Hate that companies do this, leave the patterns alone!!!!

About 5 years ago by fluke I found a custom stick maker in my area at a reasonable price ($35/wood stick) & he made it to my specs including the height. Of course those sticks are broken now but I did keep the blade portion just in case I ever win the lottery, I'm going to custom make OPS for myself. I'll post pics so you can see the difference in blade height. If only TPS would make the Tkachuk blade height taller I'd be a very happy player! Guess beggars can't be choosers right ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->