Proposal: Ideas for the Ducks in Free Agency and via trades

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Been looking at this roster for quite a few weeks. The team lacks scoring up and down the depth chart. None of our current prospects are ready for a top 9 Role out the gate.

We also have Kessler injury prone. So I’m Curious if HF thinks we should trade for Skinner after losing in the FA sweepstakes? Or what direction Anaheim should go to. Possibly Patches? Because this team is lucky to make the playoffs next season

Thanks for everyone’s insight and ideas.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Been looking at this roster for quite a few weeks. The team lacks scoring up and down the depth chart. None of our current prospects are ready for a top 9 Role out the gate.

We also have Kessler injury prone. So I’m Curious if HF thinks we should trade for Skinner after losing in the FA sweepstakes? Or what direction Anaheim should go to. Possibly Patches? Because this team is lucky to make the playoffs next season

Thanks for everyone’s insight and ideas.

The Ducks can't afford either one of those guys or anyone else for that matter that would actually make a sizeable difference. We don't have the budget space for those sort of moves barring Kesler being 100% done or by some miracle moving Perry.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
An 11-12-like off-year could be beneficial. That would give Kesler extra time to recuperate, Steel an opportunity to get his feet wet in a lower pressure environment and a high pick to add to the core group.

Come back in 19-20 ready to go, perhaps with Boudreau back behind the bench.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
An 11-12-like off-year could be beneficial. That would give Kesler extra time to recuperate, Steel an opportunity to get his feet wet in a lower pressure environment and a high pick to add to the core group.

Yah starting to think that may be the route the Ducks are taking. Although, Murray hates to lose like that. Reason why I made a proposal on Patches/Skinner regarding lack of scoring depth and free agency.

Nice to see what HF thinks on what fork in the road the Ducks should go. Appreciate your post.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

Yeah, this would be a good year to "tank" and get a good pick. Hopefully get a top line forward for the future in the draft. But would Bruce be the best candidate behind the bench? Is anyone with better playoff success potentially going to be available?

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8

Eh, even if he were available, I suspect Boudreau would give Anaheim the middle finger. He can find a job anywhere.

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
The Ducks can't afford either one of those guys or anyone else for that matter that would actually make a sizeable difference. We don't have the budget space for those sort of moves barring Kesler being 100% done or by some miracle moving Perry.

I agree that we don't have the budget space for any big names but I would have preferred to give the Sustr money to Duclair and see what happens. At least he's more of a wild card and fits a role of need versus Sustr who is our 3rd 7D.

I wouldn't mind this but I wonder how much the Big 3 will be able to hold up after the extra year of age as well as wear and tear (barring Kes). The way things are going so far, I don't realistically see us back into contention unless we make a big trade or until the kids are NHL ready. Could be 2-3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad