Line Combos: Ideal PP units

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
What would your ideally PP unit would be if you want it to be highly productive. I think PP production plays a huge part in making the playoffs and even winning a series or two.

I would certainly go with this..

Hemsly - Spezza - Ryan (he can also stand in front of the net, if need be)

Turris - Karlsson

PP 2 -

MacArthur - Zibenajad - Hoffman or Michalek (he can also stand in front of the net, if need be)

Ceci - Wiercoch/Hoffman

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Well, if it was at the beginning of the season I would give one answer, since we do not know who will be back next season it is a toss up.

Mar 17, 2014
Turris & Spezza need to be on different lines, to spread out the wealth.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan

Zibanejad-Karlsson

Hemsky-Spezza-Stone/Hoffman/Michalek

Karlsson-Ceci (Wiercioch takes over if Karlsson doesn't play the whole 2 minutes).

No ****ing Phillips.

Last edited:

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Turris & Spezza need to be on different lines, to spread out the wealth.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan

Zibanejad-Karlsson

Hemsky-Spezza-Stone/Hoffman/Michalek

Karlsson-Ceci (Wiercioch takes over if Karlsson doesn't play the whole 2 minutes).

No ****ing Phillips.

I like these except with MacArthur and Ryan on their off wings of course. Might switch Ceci for Wiercioch, regardless of what you think of his even strength play you've gotta admit he's been great on the PP and he should only improve.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Ryan - Stone - Spezza
Zibanejad - Karlsson

Karlsson playing QB on the point. Spezza to his right, Zibanejad to his left. Teams will learn (the hard way) to respect Zibanejad's one-timer, opening up room for Spezza to do his 'curl-and-shoot' move (see 2:12, 8:13, 11:48 of this video). Meanwhile, Ryan is playing low-man in the corner, looking to find holes in coverage for a one-timed shot, and Stone is screening the goalie in front of the net. With a good coach that's a deadly powerplay.

Still have enough skilled players to field a second PP unit of:

MacArthur - Turris - Hemsky
Ceci/Wiercioch - Karlsson

There's no reason with the skill we have on our roster to have a mediocre powerplay. Should be top 5/10 in the league every season.

LCDavid4*

Feb 20, 2014
Québec
What sucks is that you are all wrong because you all forgot to put in Neil in any possible PP unit. You just know MacLean would f***ing send him there

BigBush*

Just an awful powerplay. Karlsson on the point with another forward clearly does not work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad