Ideal conference final matchups?

Dallas Eakins*

WSH-TBL
ANA-CHI

Awesome talent no Montreal its perfect.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The league wants the New York market as long as they can get them. Watch to see how many pp's the Rangers get in the first period tonight. Nobody would watch the Caps and the Bolts.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Flames/Wild - 2 teams that are huge underdogs.
Lightning/Rangers - St. Louis/Callahan story

then Flames/Lightning final for the '04 rematch.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
I think the teams in the east might give the Hawks a tougher challenge. Hawks live for these types of matchups where everyone thinks they are the underdog. The Hawks destroyed the Ducks in their own building twice this year with Anderson in goal. Actually the 4-1 game in November should have been more like 8-1.

Below is the series link:
http://ducks.nhl.com/club/teamvsteamdetails.htm?season=20142015&team=CHI
Why do people still act like regular season has any relevance to the playoffs? :laugh:

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
I think the teams in the east might give the Hawks a tougher challenge. Hawks live for these types of matchups where everyone thinks they are the underdog. The Hawks destroyed the Ducks in their own building twice this year with Anderson in goal. Actually the 4-1 game in November should have been more like 8-1.

Underdog? I'm pretty sure everyone will have the Hawks beating the Ducks in the WCF if it comes to that. If anything, the Ducks will have to trump a proven team. Also if the regular season is really relevant, slotting in Gibson would equal shutouts in every game. It's not a big enough sample size simply put. All those games were pre-deadline, the team has made changes since then.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
The final four I've been hoping for since the trade deadline:

Chicago vs Anaheim
NYR vs Tampa Bay

These are, IMO, the top 4 teams in the playoffs (no LA) and all play the most exciting hockey. Chicago/Anaheim is a series I've wanted for the past several years, NYR/Tampa Bay should be great as well.

What's your ideal final four? (it can be your favourite team, rivalries, etc).

These are the conference final matchups I predicted in my bracket. I'd love to see Calgary advance, but that's not realistic. I really hope the Rangers can rally and beat the Caps...

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
Tampa-Caps
Ducks-Hawks

As a Hawks fan I'd prefer Calgary in the final but I do think the Hawks take the Ducks in the final as the Ducks have pretty much been gifted to the Conf. Finals. No series is over as it stands, however.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
The league would like...

New York vs. Montreal
Chicago vs. Does not matter

Those terms generate the most revenue for the league of the teams remaining. I believe that is the main reason Montreal and Chicago had scoring plays against them whistled dead and received the favor of many game management penalties.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I find these threads completely subjective. What one person likes another might not.

I get that LA's style isn't for everyone but they fought tooth and nail last year to win the cup. The Chicago series was fantastic. Again I am biased as a Kings fan.

In honesty I like hockey and will watch when I can but I'm not glued to the TV when my team isn't playing. Mostly I catch up on highlights.

I like individual players more than whole teams,run and gun hockey does not happen very often in the playoffs?

That is what makes the Cup so hard to win. It's a freakin grind and battle for every inch.

For the sake of slightly staying on the topic, I'd like to see Chicago vs Washington in the finals.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Nobody cares about the regular season series.

Ducks completely reconfigured their blue-line after the trade deadline, Hawks haven't played them since.

One of those 4-1 losses, the Ducks had a kindergarten on their blue-line.

Should be a close, tight series when it happens.

Go Hawks!

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Nobody cares about the regular season series.

Ducks completely reconfigured their blue-line after the trade deadline, Hawks haven't played them since.

One of those 4-1 losses, the Ducks had a kindergarten on their blue-line.

Should be a close, tight series when it happens.

Go Hawks!
Lineup and ages for the November game :

Lindholm (20) Vatanen (23)
Manson (23) Fowler (22)
Mat Clark (24) Jesse Blacker (23)

:facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->