Ideal conference final matchups?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The final four I've been hoping for since the trade deadline:

Chicago vs Anaheim
NYR vs Tampa Bay

These are, IMO, the top 4 teams in the playoffs (no LA) and all play the most exciting hockey. Chicago/Anaheim is a series I've wanted for the past several years, NYR/Tampa Bay should be great as well.

What's your ideal final four? (it can be your favourite team, rivalries, etc).

EDIT: Don't include teams that are eliminated.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'd be fine with that, as long as the Bolts beat the Rangers. I want to see MSL cry in the handshake line.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
washington-tampa
ducks-hawks

three of those are gonna happen in about a day
last one is a homer vote :)

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
For me personally the ideal match-ups would have been:

Wild - Ducks
Lightning - Capitals

3/4 of that is still possible so here's to hoping.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago vs Anaheim
Tampa vs Washington

That's what I'd like to see, but the NYR/WSH series is so tight I'm not sure which way it's going to go.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Chi v anaheim

Is going to be the scf

You know, I'm not saying it will happen, but what are all the posters that post this type of thing going to do if TB or NYR or Washington beats the West champ? Complain that it was because they were worn out on the way to the Final? What if it's Anaheim who has had two of the worst playoff teams as opponents so they might get one decent series?

This rhetoric is so old and I could see any of the possible advancing teams beating each other.

I'd like TB-NYR and I don't think it matters what I want in the west as it's looking like Anaheim/Chicago.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Flames-Wild (nearly impossible at this time, but it would be the easiest teams for the East)
Caps - Habs (my two favourite teams, but unlikely as well)

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The final four I've been hoping for since the trade deadline:

Chicago vs Anaheim
NYR vs Tampa Bay

These are, IMO, the top 4 teams in the playoffs (no LA) and all play the most exciting hockey. Chicago/Anaheim is a series I've wanted for the past several years, NYR/Tampa Bay should be great as well.

What's your ideal final four? (it can be your favourite team, rivalries, etc).

EDIT: Don't include teams that are eliminated.
Those are the exact four times I hope makes it.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Rangers and Bolts because of the Callahan/St.Louis trade. And because of the Boyles - Brian a former Ranger and Dan a former Cup-winner with the Bolts. Also because it's the two best teams in the East.

West... Hawks - Flames. Ratings, I guess. Though Hawks - Ducks would probably be better hockey.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'd like to see Calgary pull off a miracle against the Ducks and face the Hawks but it's gonna probably take 7 games.

Caps vs. Rangers is a coin flip and I'm impartial to who wins so long as the Lightning are there to face them.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
Rangers and Bolts because of the Callahan/St.Louis trade. And because of the Boyles - Brian a former Ranger and Dan a former Cup-winner with the Bolts. Also because it's the two best teams in the East.

West... Hawks - Flames. Ratings, I guess. Though Hawks - Ducks would probably be better hockey.

Don't forget that ingrate Stralman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad