Proposal: Idea for a fun thread series for the long offseason

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Seeing as things will be rather slow around here for another few weeks and again after the lottery I was thinking we could do an ongoing series of threads. What I was thinking is we could do a top 50 (or 100???) Sens goals of all time in the format of voting for the best remaining option all the way through. It could be up to voters how they value goals (how nice was it, was it an important game, etc). Do you think you would enjoy this? Also, if so what goals should be on the initial ballot?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Zibby's kick into the net against MTL.
At least one of Spezza's patented "stick the goalie" fake shot goals.
Turris' lazer against the rags in playoff OT.
That big playoff goal against the sabres (Alfie I think?)
Karl's hail mary pass to Hoffman.
Maybe a good example of that deadly Heater one-timer (no idea which one to use)

Honorable non-goal mention. When Schubie Schnitzel got a super rare breakaway in his final game with us, but somehow managed to deke himself out of the puck and smack the back of his head off the crossbar. (OT side note: If you go watch that whole game, Schubie played like a man possessed the whole way through. I think he had been told before puck drop that it was his last game with the Sens and possibly his last ever NHL game. He played like it was game 7 of the stanley cup finals and it totally showed).

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I like it.

Some goals I just love for their spontaneity and remarkable effort

McAmmond at :50

Or goals simply for their amazing hype and commentary

McAmmond finals gwg

Or highlight goals from heart and soul grinders:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Hossa against the Leafs in the playoffs, where Belfour/Joseph goalie skates out to the blue line to try and get the puck and Hossa doves over and slides over him into the empty net. I’ve never been able to find that goal, but it’s engrained in my memory as a 11 or so year old.

Spezza pre season against Montreal making Sourey look like a pylon.

Turrus sliding in an empty netter after Spezza danced through the Jets defense.

Shaefer flipping the pick and tipping it in against Dallas.

Vermette scoring between his legs from behind the goal line against Tampa, I think?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Surprised Stone's OT goal against the Pens during the Hamburglar run hasn't come up. If we're looking for sheer WOW factor, Duchene's mid-air backhander has to be in there too. And didn't Ryan score an unreal one while wearing #6, too? Mighta been against LA? And Hemsky had a sweet dangle against Tampa I'd put up there, too.

Further back, I'd also nominate Neil Brady's first goal in franchise history and Yashin to Duchesne.

EDIT: Oh, and Alfie's goal against the Leafs after absolutely decimating Tucker along the boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad