ICE Hockey League 2021-2022 (Salzburg wins championship)

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
New in the league:

And a league-internal move: Rick Schofield, former Villach and Linz center who spent the last season with Salzburg, returns to Villach.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
the biggest league-intern story came to the (most boring :laugh:) conclusion, Brian Lebler stays in Linz. Their balance after this offseason looks pretty nice and it really makes me wonder. From everything I've seen, they have pretty toxic environment, money probably isn't as it used to be, who did they all re-sign and even Romig joined the team?

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
the biggest league-intern story came to the (most boring :laugh:) conclusion, Brian Lebler stays in Linz. Their balance after this offseason looks pretty nice and it really makes me wonder. From everything I've seen, they have pretty toxic environment, money probably isn't as it used to be, who did they all re-sign and even Romig joined the team?

The president, whose falling out with sponsors and fan clubs had caused a lot of unrest, has been replaced a month ago. His successor is trying to steer the club into calmer waters. We'll see just how competitive the squad looks after all is said and done.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Transfer news:

-Jerome Leduc (last with Vienna) has been bought out of his recently signed contract with Villach by HC Ajoie and will line up in the Swiss top league.

-After half a season in Dornbirn, Anthony Luciani returns to Znojmo.

Other moves:

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
lol swedish top club. lhc is a bottom team in shl.
For Austrian (and advertisement) purposes, every SHL club is a Swedish top club.

More singings:

This signing doesn't quite appease Vienna fans. Good players are leaving and their substitutes look underwhelming so far.

A cash-strapped team is taking a gamble on an ECHL player who's never played in Europe. Why not.

Solid signing. The defense of Linz is shaping up nicely.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
Vienna fans have reason to be dissatisfied. It doesn't look good on paper, seems like money is gone from the team (or is it GMs fault, don't know). It is a big city, but no significant interest in hockey. There are rumblings Rotter might retire. He didn't play too much in recent years, but he was solid when he did. Probably the biggest drop in comparison with last year.

Linz is making good moves. I don't believe president is actually gone, but the atmosphere is a lot better now. Probably the biggest risers.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Spot on. The contrast couldn't be more obvious. Let's hope their Slovenian players give Ljubljana enough depth to avoid being the punching bag of the league.

Unlikely but 1st season anyway, need to start somewhere. Hope they ll become more competitive in the following seasons, obviously can't compete with Austrian budgets and they haven't really produced home talent for some time now. But good for them to make a step forward and join top league again. Some of the young guys will need to outperform expectations.

Thanks for updates Theo

Edit: foreign signings look less than impressive...on paper so far.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Two signings by Vienna, the latter of which isn't exactly suited to shake off the worries of their fans that the good times are over:

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Dornbirn Bulldogs have announced several signings. Noteworthy: David Madlener (G, from Klagenfurt), Ari Gröndahl (D, Vaasa/Finland), Davis Vandane (D, Esbjerg/Denmark), Nick Ross (D, Lausitz/DEL 2) and Pavel Padakin (F, last club Sochi/KHL).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->